The penalty

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Well, I've had it running backwards and forwards on Sky Plus now for the last 5 mins and I still can't see a push - Helan had his hands by his side.

Thats also how I saw it from the Kop.  I think in peoples (understandable) desperation to criticise following our awful tactical change at half time - they are desperate to justify it by being unfair about the penalty.  It wasn't a penalty in anyones eyes other than the linesman - which is why the referee didnt give it either.

Sure but to sit back and defend a one goal lead against that side is criminal. We invited them to attack which gives an opportunity for penalties, lucky goals and errors from defenders.

Poor tactics costs us 2 points

Guest Deleted member

Sure but to sit back and defend a one goal lead against that side is criminal. We invited them to attack which gives an opportunity for penalties, lucky goals and errors from defenders.

Poor tactics costs us 2 points

Totally agree

The way I saw it his arm went into the players back, he went down easily,but players shouldn't let themselves get into this position. Truth is second half we were poor and the game should have been over.

Football is about passion and can be divisive.

Still think it w a push though.

I'm on the kop and my eyes are old and I couldn't tell if Antonio should have had a pen or not. I do think he goes down easily when if he carried on he could maybe score.

My initial thought were that is was a penalty. Another 10 minutes and the ref would have evened it up. And it was obviously the linesman that gave it, not the ref. Sitting back after 60 minutes cost us that game, not the referee. 2 poor teams that will both finish in the bottom 6, and will only survive with clever recruitment in the loan window.

The penalty is the crux of it because if we'd won People would've grumbled a little but Jones would've been vindicated for seeing the game out.

I thought that the tactical change was partly enforced at HT with Buxton coming off but taking Nuhiu off made no sense and invited pressure.

I'm just sick of the officials now, in every game other than the burnley one we have had odd officiating. I'm starting to wonder whether DJs complaining has made referees feel even less inclined to give us anything.

Guest davet30

Re Penalties .. what about the Antonio Bywater at the other end?  What did that look like on Sky?  Ref just gave us a corner.

Was a pen for me but if Attwell is giving them we needed 2 pens us sens at other end on Antonio.

Exactly they're either all pens or none of them are.

The difference being the opinions of two separate linesmen

It looked clumsy from where I was and I could see why the Lino gave it. They had a stone wall penalty turned down earlier too.

Wasnt their player already offside for that one?