Is it just me who's still positive?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

you obviously weren't there cos yes they did,it was embarrassing. it could have been 4 or 5 on another day. we had ONE shot on target. don't be fooled by the 2-1 scoreline

Correct - I wasn't there. A few days ago.. ReadingOwl made an excellent point - people who went to Stevenage away witnessed the low of the low. A 5-0 drubbing on a cpold Tuesday night.

How on earth can people moan after that result?

If Rotherham really outplayed us like you say, and fair play.. You were there and I wasn't. But please bear in mind that this really was Rotherham's 'cup final'.

The reaction on Radio Sheffield after was embarrassing. Cringe-worthy in fact..

This was a HUGE game for them, and they turned up. It wasn't to us, and lost. Probably deservedly. This overreaction is ridiculous though.

Guest JonTheOwl66

The problem with you mate is that you like what you say and you say what you like even if its poo .  Everything is 'kneejerk' and there's, typically, no reason to your arguments.  You cannot debate and you neg every fvcker that challenges your opinion.

Not true at all. I argue with people that appear intellectual and willing to form a decent argument.

Truth is, I don't think I've ever noticed you before.. But you appear to know an awful lot about my posts. Says a lot, no?

Anyway, I'm not interested in another argument. A debate is fine, but not an argument.

Spot on JTO.

There is no patience in our fanbase at the moment. We want everything now or meltdown.

The idiots on twitter slagging players are an embarrasment.

They certainly are, they are also ill educated, keyboard warrior scum who wouldn't have the balls to say the things they do to the players face.

The dissapointment for me was that we were being beaten to everything.

It's crucial for the team and club as a whole to stay positive and keep confidence levels up. I agree with that, but the overreactions have been partly fuelled by a limp wristed display.

Correct - I wasn't there. A few days ago.. ReadingOwl made an excellent point - people who went to Stevenage away witnessed the low of the low. A 5-0 drubbing on a cpold Tuesday night.

How on earth can people moan after that result?

If Rotherham really outplayed us like you say, and fair play.. You were there and I wasn't. But please bear in mind that this really was Rotherham's 'cup final'.

The reaction on Radio Sheffield after was embarrassing. Cringe-worthy in fact..

This was a HUGE game for them, and they turned up. It wasn't to us, and lost. Probably deservedly. This overreaction is ridiculous though.

You can't compare the two

I'm reluctant to post this thread because I'm going to get slated, but screw it.. Somebody needs to be positive.

We lost last night's game due to two wonder goals. Sure, we didn't give out our best performance by all accounts, but we lost the game through two wonder goals.

Rotherham didn't tear us apart and absolutely demolish us, they simply scored two very, very good goals.

I really feel sorry for the players, especially those on Twitter. The flipping low-lives that spend their entire life just tweeting the players begging for a 'RT', then after a bad performance.. They just rant and rant and rant about the players, how they have a bad attitude and need to be shipped out.

Anybody that listened to Steve Evans last night on Radio Sheffield will realise that Dave Jones is regarded as a very good manager. A very good manager. So why do people think they know better and claim 'this player should be shipped out', or 'we need to spend more money'. If we did need to, we would.

The truth is we have a very capable squad that played badly last night. It doesn't mean we're going down, or we need an overhaul. It simply means we played badly last night. Some people might say its unacceptable, but it doesn't mean we can go absolutely over the top and abuse ordinary people.

I don't know, I do wonder whether people love this to happen at times. We will be signing a couple more players, we will strengthen and we'll be alright this season.

There's no need to panic and flap.

Seriously, did you watch the same game as me? We was never in it! The only time we actually put together a bit of sustained pressure was when we went down to 10 men. We was a shambles from back to front

I do agree though that some people are going OTT. Maybe I am slightly just because of the manner of the defeat. I don't mind losing, but aslong as players give 100%, which it didn't feel like last night

But Rotherham won the game on the back of two wonder goals. Wonder goals aren't a regular occurrence are they?

You could argue that Rotherham were actually lucky to win.

They were two wonder goals, and they probably won't score another like them all season....

However, they absolutely deserved the win. 

Not true at all. I argue with people that appear intellectual and willing to form a decent argument.

Truth is, I don't think I've ever noticed you before.. But you appear to know an awful lot about my posts. Says a lot, no?

Anyway, I'm not interested in another argument. A debate is fine, but not an argument.

Says everything given the fact that you've neg some of my posts without even replying to them or entering into the debate.  As for the self importance - I'm not interested in being self serving.  i enjoy the discussion, banter and debate and I don't feel the need to be a 'big name' on this forum - can you state the same? 

Edited by shandypants

Guest JonTheOwl66

In 12 hours of ridiculous posts, this takes the biscuit. They couldn't have deserved it more.

**** me. Im not saying they didn't 'deserve to win.. I'm saying Rotherham won the game on the back of two very good goals.

People say they had bags of chances, point is.. They didn't score them. On another night, we may have won the game, Rotherham may have skied those two goals instead.

What would the reaction have been like if that had happened? I can't see the reaction being the same as it is now to be honest.

Can't agree on the wonder goal thing (though I am generally more positive than most) they were fine strikes but they should never have got the ball in that position.  We should've know about Arnason's long throws and have defended them much better.  If we'd cleared the second balls properly neither would've been goals.  We desperately need Reda and Buxton back.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Says everything given the fact that you've neg some of my posts without even replying to them or entering into the debate.  As for the self importance - I'm not interested in being self serving.  i enjoy the discussion, banter and debate and I don't feel the need to be a 'big name' on this forum - can you state the same?

Hand on heart - I don't remember 'negging' you, but you appear to have taken it to heart.. So let me apologise.

I'm sorry. lol

And the truth is - people seem to enjoy making me a 'big name' on this forum. I don't want to name people.. But they do it for me.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

The negative reactions on this website are, mainly, born from emotion as opposed to thought. A few ego's have been popped with last nights result and some are lashing out like an egocentric teenager. It's hilarious. The same people will be all in love with that which is Wednesday if we play well on Saturday and get a result. Pure entertainment. 

I'm still positive.

Yesterday was just a bad defeat and a bad performance.

They happen from time to time, and really, unless this is your first season supporting a team, then you ought to know this.

The reactions to defeats on here seem to be getting worse, and the treatment of Madine is ridiculous - I don't care how badly he played.

Our fans (maybe fans of all clubs) are getting absolutely obsessed with 'passion'.

If it's just our fans then maybe I can only explain it by the stark contrast between Irvine and Megson. And before anyone starts, this isn't a pop at Megson, but maybe just maybe we've all bought into the notion that passion alone will win you games.

Rotherham were more up for yesterday's game than we were, and I won't pretend that doesn't annoy me because it does - a lot. But despite that, it's not hard to understand why. I'm sure our players would be more up for a game against Man Utd than their players would be - with the only difference being that Man Utd would still probably win because their players are much better than ours - much more better than ours, than ours are than Rotherham's anyway.

We just have to put it behind us now. The QPR performance was extremely encouraging, and inexplicable as it is that largely the same players could perform as poorly only a few days later, I don't believe they've become a bad team overnight. Still need to strengthen of course, but we will.

Edited by edwardjameswells

Hand on heart - I don't remember 'negging' you, but you appear to have taken it to heart.. So let me apologise.

I'm sorry. lol

And the truth is - people seem to enjoy making me a 'big name' on this forum. I don't want to name people.. But they do it for me.

I don't care if you neg me. The rating system is ridiculous - its seen as some kind of currency for validity on this forum. Saying that - I do '+1' posts that i like. 

Edited by shandypants