Is it just me who's still positive?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Why not?

Because it was a different team under the leadership of a different manager.  n it was 2 seasons ago & completely irrelevant to our current situation.

Basically what you're saying is that, no matter how many games we lose this season (or who against), they will have no right to moan as we lost to Stevenage a few years back.

Guest Big Guns

Says everything given the fact that you've neg some of my posts without even replying to them or entering into the debate. As for the self importance - I'm not interested in being self serving. i enjoy the discussion, banter and debate and I don't feel the need to be a 'big name' on this forum - can you state the same?

That's one of jto favourite lines that

Infact he's said it to you a few times he's even said it to Neil before

I posted this on another thread but it sums up my thoughts for this Saturday.

Football is a strange game, I mean who would have thought on the way back from Stevenage two years ago, that the end of that season would have been so exciting and end with us beating the pigs to promotion.

I remember the meltdown on here then, we are probably going to go on and win the league this season, now that's positive. lol

Edited by Corneliusreeve

I don't often agree with you JTO but this time you're right. At full-strength we should be pretty much a match for anyone in our division. We're a fair bit off full-strength yet due to injuries and bringing in a couple more players and last night was evidence of that. We have squad depth but not everyone is going to be able to step up to the mark unfortunately. That's football!

This was a HUGE game for them, and they turned up. It wasn't to us, and lost. Probably deservedly. This overreaction is ridiculous though.

why so ??? we were simply THAT bad, embarrassingly so. we looked like amateurs,they laughed at us,they ole'd their passes when we couldn't get near the ball. we didn't JUST lose (i can take that),we embarrassed ourselves to such a degree that it is UNACCEPTABLE - hence the (over) reaction

Guest TonyOwl88

I don't want to be the voice of negativity, but I think we are right to be concerned at that performance and result. 

Rotherham are a good team, but we are in the league above them, and should really be finishing 20 places above them imo. Wonder goals or not, we offered nothing, and they just kept taking the ball off us and coming back at us over and over and over again. It was pretty much one way traffic, and we never looked much of a threat. 

The fast tempo should have worked in our favour given the pace we have in the team, but its like our players are slow mentally or something. The decision making is poor, and without extra time on the ball, we are completely inept. That was the biggest disappointment for me. Going into the game thinking that we were going to cause teams problems this season with our pace and quick tempo, and then coming undone in that exact manner to a lower league team. Makes me lose the optimism from the first game's performance to see us go down without a fight. 

Defence looks sleepy, (probably because someone forgot that we need full-backs), and we can't seem to deal with set-plays properly. Don't forget that Kirkland is a stand-out performer for us, so the results don't necesarily reflect the full extent of our defencive frailties, but they will do against Championship opposition with quality strikers if we don't sort it out soon. 

We aren't much stronger as a squad to what we were in League One, and IMO areas like CM are weaker now. We are also inadequate up front at this level, and are blatantly waiting for loan players to patch up our make-shift squad. 

I know people hate to admit it, but the signings DJ made last summer were expensive, because he made so many of them. Factor in agents fees and signing bonuses, times it by 8, plus wages and the wages of the loan players needed to replace them because half of them were sh!t, = where all the money went. We're not Man City. (The same thing happened with Irvine and Megson in L1 remember; Jan 2011 meant Megson had no money). 

We haven't had a midfield on perminant contract since Megson... is it really that hard? Not least because Lines/Semedo would have been our best combination STILL if we'd not shipped Lines out and written Semedo off because he struggled to make the step up immediately, (as did the rest of the squad). 

Guest Big Guns

We currently only have players on permanent contract, never mind the midfielders!

true we will be better when the loan players arrive

Guest JonTheOwl66

Because it was a different team under the leadership of a different manager. n it was 2 seasons ago & completely irrelevant to our current situation.

Basically what you're saying is that, no matter how many games we lose this season (or who against), they will have no right to moan as we lost to Stevenage a few years back.

No I'm not. I'm saying that anybody who witnessed that performance will know what a disgraceful result is.

Visionary and inspiring.

Brings a lump to my throat and makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

2 games in and the site is fragmenting into a bizarre world of randomness.

Imagine another defeat on Saturday.

How odd. It brought a lump to the back of my neck and made hairs in my throat stand up.

Seriously, I'm still positive JTO.