Is it just me who's still positive?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'm reluctant to post this thread because I'm going to get slated, but screw it.. Somebody needs to be positive.

We lost last night's game due to two wonder goals. Sure, we didn't give out our best performance by all accounts, but we lost the game through two wonder goals.

Rotherham didn't tear us apart and absolutely demolish us, they simply scored two very, very good goals.

I really feel sorry for the players, especially those on Twitter. The flipping low-lives that spend their entire life just tweeting the players begging for a 'RT', then after a bad performance.. They just rant and rant and rant about the players, how they have a bad attitude and need to be shipped out.

Anybody that listened to Steve Evans last night on Radio Sheffield will realise that Dave Jones is regarded as a very good manager. A very good manager. So why do people think they know better and claim 'this player should be shipped out', or 'we need to spend more money'. If we did need to, we would.

The truth is we have a very capable squad that played badly last night. It doesn't mean we're going down, or we need an overhaul. It simply means we played badly last night. Some people might say its unacceptable, but it doesn't mean we can go absolutely over the top and abuse ordinary people.

I don't know, I do wonder whether people love this to happen at times. We will be signing a couple more players, we will strengthen and we'll be alright this season.

There's no need to panic and flap.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Oh sweet irony...

I expected this, but I've been very vocal in my positivity for this upcoming season, and that doesn't change.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

I'm looking forward to Saturday still

Like you say we Lost because of 2 wonder strikes

Did they really have many any 'good chances'

Can remember a header at the back stick that was never going to go in

And kind of a 1 on 1 but kirky was already out to block it anyway

Guest JonTheOwl66

Just because the goals were good does not hide the fact we were dire and wouldn't have created a chance of we has played until midnight.

But Rotherham won the game on the back of two wonder goals. Wonder goals aren't a regular occurrence are they?

You could argue that Rotherham were actually lucky to win.

But Rotherham won the game on the back of two wonder goals. Wonder goals aren't a regular occurrence are they?

You could argue that Rotherham were actually lucky to win.

I would not argue Rotherham were lucky to win. Yes both they goals were wonder goals but they did have 2 or 3 other chances apart from that.

I'm reluctant to post this thread because I'm going to get slated, but screw it.. Somebody needs to be positive.

We lost last night's game due to two wonder goals. Sure, we didn't give out our best performance by all accounts, but we lost the game through two wonder goals.

Rotherham didn't tear us apart and absolutely demolish us, they simply scored two very, very good goals.

you obviously weren't there cos yes they did,it was embarrassing. it could have been 4 or 5 on another day. we had ONE shot on target. don't be fooled by the 2-1 scoreline 

I really feel sorry for the players, especially those on Twitter. The flipping low-lives that spend their entire life just tweeting the players begging for a 'RT', then after a bad performance.. They just rant and rant and rant about the players, how they have a bad attitude and need to be shipped out.

Anybody that listened to Steve Evans last night on Radio Sheffield will realise that Dave Jones is regarded as a very good manager. A very good manager. So why do people think they know better and claim 'this player should be shipped out', or 'we need to spend more money'. If we did need to, we would.

The truth is we have a very capable squad that played badly last night. It doesn't mean we're going down, or we need an overhaul. It simply means we played badly last night. Some people might say its unacceptable, but it doesn't mean we can go absolutely over the top and abuse ordinary people.

I don't know, I do wonder whether people love this to happen at times. We will be signing a couple more players, we will strengthen and we'll be alright this season.

There's no need to panic and flap.

Spot on JTO.

There is no patience in our fanbase at the moment. We want everything now or meltdown.

The idiots on twitter slagging players are an embarrasment.

Guest oz_owl

Fair play to you, that's a well-reasoned post.  I tend to agree with you.  We've been on the wrong end of a cup upset, it happens.  We lost narrowly away to the team who bookies expect to win the league.  Roll on Saturday.

I expected this, but I've been very vocal in my positivity for this upcoming season, and that doesn't change.

The problem with you mate is that you like what you say and you say what you like even if its poo .  Everything is 'kneejerk' and there's, typically, no reason to your arguments.  You cannot debate and you neg every fvcker that challenges your opinion. 

Edited by shandypants

I see it like this

v QPR we played well and lost but we're not the finished article. We are not at full strength and we haven't finished recruiting

v Rovrum we played badly and lost but we're not the finished article. We are not at full strength and we haven't finished recruiting.