Hayden White gone?

I know he was one of 5 that were offered pro deals, but Im not sure if he signed one. Im 100% that other 4 did. If we thought so highly of hin, why not signing him on pro deal as soon as he turned 17 ?! Not to fussed about it in any way.

Guest bwfcmartin

I guess the frustrating thing is he's gone to Bolton (allegedly) of all places. 

I mean flipping BOLTON?! Who are in fact 10 times the better club, dipshit.

Let him flap about in Bolton's reserves for a few seasons. 

Not interested in people who don't want to be here. 

If he's lucky then he can play in front of 12,000 at the Reebok. 

The club itself is in a state of development at the moment, and if players like Hayden White cannot see the ambition this club has then I am happy to see him off. He is only 17 after all, and although regarded as a good prospect, things in football can quickly change at that age. 

(of course, I retract the above if all this turns out to be BS) 

where's scram when you need him?

Here my friend

I'm here to point out there's a load of hysterical fannies in this thread sobbing about a kid they've never seen, have barely heard of and wouldn't recoognise if he turned up at their house with a flashing neon sign which said "I'm Hayden White" accompanied by The Nolans singing "He's Hayden White" to the tune of Pachelbel's Cannon in D.

Most people don't give a flying **** ablout development football and know even less - yet this is somehow being turned into a crisis at the club even thought nothing at all is known about what has happened and why.

Man U weren't after him or he'd be there now - it was agent talk and it looks like it had the desired effect of getting a couple of contract offers.

Another thing - a lot more kids will get pro deals due to the advent of the u21 leagues - it needs cheap shirt fillers to bolster the squads to enable teams to fulfill their fixtures - it doesn't mean they're the next big thing.

I'm making no judgement of the player because like most i haven't seen him play - i do know that movement of young players will become the norm now - some clubs have already thrown in the towel and don't see the point of putting money into a youth development system that bears little chance of paying its way any more

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Meanwhile we face another summer of signing has-been's with no legs; crocks, freebies and the odd couple of foreign unknowns. Whilst our Championship rivals snap up decent out of contract players, gems from the lower leagues and highly rated youngsters.

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

Meanwhile we face another summer of signing has-been's with no legs; crocks, freebies and the odd couple of foreign unknowns. Whilst our Championship rivals snap up decent out of contract players, gems from the lower leagues and highly rated youngsters.

bullshit-o-meter.gif

Whatever's happened, us Wednesdayites can always look back fondly upon his appearances for the club. Who can forget that time when the assembled masses gathered around their screens to witness his cameo in the Daily Mirror?

Fond memories indeed.

But where do we go from here? The golden child has gone. The future is now the past.

I don't know the details. I don't want to know the details. It's too late for detail now.

What a mess.

Guest Distraught!

Hayden White = The New Cantona

Look at what we could have had!

Ballon D'ors will be nothing to this lad. :ohmy:

lol