Hayden White gone?

Think people need to calm down a bit.

Player who's never kicked a ball for us leaves us for other club shocker.

Couldn't give a monkeys really.

It's not the end of the world, but aren't you slightly annoyed? A young lad who DJ spoke highly of has left us and joined a fellow Championship club. I for one want to see players come out of our academy and develop into first team players. This lad has now left and will improve at a different club.

I don't know the ins and out of this new 'system' but if this is going to happen more often it is a shame.

No first team games to his name.

Modest was a world beater at one point and where's he now???

There's more chance of him being sh*te than there is him being a world beater.

He might never play a Pro game, whoever he plays for.

No first team games to his name.

Modest was a world beater at one point and where's he now???

There's more chance of him being sh*te than there is him being a world beater.

He might never play a Pro game, whoever he plays for.

Modest was never a world beater. Chucked in at the deep end when we couldn't even name 5 substitutes. All he had was pace to burn.

The fact that a previously established PL side until last year have snapped White up, and the fact we were keen to tie him down on a pro contract suggests he had something about him.

It seems these days any slight groan is shot down. You can't say anything about the club without it being branded 'negative' or an overreaction. The forum is for debate.

Don't worry we have another young fullback in bangora a left back 17

Balogun, he's 16...

and the young right back from Ipswich we signed last summer

Bennett, he left after a 2 week trial trial 8 months ago...

Edited by KivoOwl

There's so much hysteria in this thread, and I'd imagine a lot of it is coming from people who have never seen him play.

He's fast as lightening and got fancy footwork, but the kid is 17, and is built like Petter Rudi's skinnier brother.

To get to the stage where he makes a living from the game from his position, he'll have to put a lot of work in, and get a bit of luck.

If we've got a bit of decent compo for him, I think i'd be fine with seeing him go - he's not THAT much of a prospect.

And of course, this hasn't been confirmed by either club yet.

Guest Sheff Owl

Very strange, i got the impression he was highly rated by the club?

If he hadn't sign a pro contract would he have left for nothing?

If he really is as good as his alleged reputation I'm sure we'll look forward to the sell on clause.  Bodger and Badger are no longer in charge, we have a chairman who can negotiate deals now.

Compensation doesn't mean peanuts.  Clubs pay former Managers clubs compensation which can be a tidy sum.  New EPPP rules don't come into effect until next year so doubt we'll be totally fleeced.

I'm happy we're now in this position where people are angry a player who has never played for the first team has been 'poached'.  Guess we're doing something right.

Maybe Corry/McCabe will be the next ones to help us progress using money we've generated ourselves.  I'm all for us being a selling club providing we progress.

We all agree, getting to the stage where you can make a living from the game is a long and windy road. However, as one of the brightest prospects we had, I don't think we should be too blasé about losing him. If we didn't think he had a reasonable chance of making it, we wouldn't have signed him. DJ himself gave him a glowing reference