Hayden White gone?

Can't say I'm too revved up about this  because - as I said neither have I and I bet many of the discontents on here haven't - but my angst with this, if true, is that if we deemed the kid good enough to offer him a contract and triumphantly publicise the fact - to then have him lifted by with all due respect flippingbolton, seems to have disappointed Bullen . So what happened ? No doubt we'll never know and I  hope we never hear about the kid becoming a very decent player that we let slip and this is not a portent of the care we take over young prospects ... but it's ok we develop several every year don't we ?

Bottom line is that we cannot force somebody to sign a contract and since the advent of the EPPP we are limited as to our ability to hold onto players

Its not the fault of the club that this player and agent have used the new rules to their advantage

How long did we offer him by the way?

Guest mansfieldowl

Bottom line is that we cannot force somebody to sign a contract and since the advent of the EPPP we are limited as to our ability to hold onto players

Its not the fault of the club that this player and agent have used the new rules to their advantage

How long did we offer him by the way?

7 weeks

A few people on Twitter seem to reckon this move was already pre-planned because I'd tweeted, in the last U21 game of the season, that I'd overheard Lee Bullen say to Hayden "You'll not get that sort of treatment at Bolton".

Although I deleted my old youth tweets, I can say 100% that I never tweeted that, and never heard it said.

What I did hear Bullen say to him was "This isn't the end of your season, it's the start of the next part of your career".

A few people on Twitter seem to reckon this move was already pre-planned because I'd tweeted, in the last U21 game of the season, that I'd overheard Lee Bullen say to Hayden "You'll not get that sort of treatment at Bolton".

Although I deleted my old youth tweets, I can say 100% that I never tweeted that, and never heard it said.

What I did hear Bullen say to him was "This isn't the end of your season, it's the start of the next part of your career".

Someone did tweet that though I can remember reading it!

Guest dunellaowl

Think people need to calm down a bit.

Player who's never kicked a ball for us leaves us for other club shocker.

Couldn't give a monkeys really.

totally agree cantona never kicked a ball for us and looked what happened to him.....

Player was offered pro contract.... Discussed with agent, decided not to sign....Compo will be negotiated, right move? Time will tell #WAWAW

I think the days when players moved to smaller clubs and it was actually a good move for them are over e.g. Whelan, Brunt.  I'll be very surprised if Bolton lol are doing better than us by the time this lad is ready for the first team (assuming he gets to that level)

Guest ka58

totally agree cantona never kicked a ball for us and looked what happened to him.....

Not Cantona though is he? And he's not kicked a ball for anybody has he?

Just a young kid from the youth team thats decided to play for Bolton instead of us, we've probably got youth players on our books that have signed for us in similar circumstances.

Can't believe the outrage.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I know absolutely nothing about this guy except he's very fast. Nothing to get hysterical about.

Bolton are a better team than us, they'll be pushing for the playoffs next season. If White thinks its the best move financially/in terms of playing, then good luck to him.

Guest Sheff Owl

Not saying who it is or giving names but is there no reason for a fan to call him a money grabber on twitter.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Bolton?!? Think Hayden White is the one with the custard. In the long term, I believe us to be the better proposition. I mean, Bolton?!?

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump