Hayden White gone?

If we'd been offered a big fee, with supposed interest from the big Premier League clubs, I'm convinced we'd have announced it, if only to push up the price. This smells of flip up to me

If a top 6 team in the prem wanted him, we wouldn't need to bargain, they'd just make it happen.

The rumours IMO came out to force our hand in tying him down to the initial contract.

If a top 6 team in the prem wanted him, we wouldn't need to bargain, they'd just make it happen.

The rumours IMO came out to force our hand in tying him down to the initial contract.

No, no, no.

He was linked in the press with Man U so it is definitely true.

We haven't announced to the press the fee we received for him so we didn't receive one.

This whole football business is completely transparent.

He only had Buxton ahead of him at Hillsborough, as I don't think Lee is considered a full back now, so why move to Bolton? More to the point, having just signed him to a contract, why sell him to Bolton?

Would never have happened under Megson 

Far too obvious. The best ones are the rants, with no direction. Won't be long before we get posts, probably mid June, when we haven't signed anyone, with genuine concerns we haven't got enough players to turn a full team out, and that we'll be relegated by late September.