The Steel City Cup.

I know it'll never happen because of the potential for trouble. But wouldn't it be nice if such a match could be played at the Don Valley Stadium, a neutral ground for both clubs ,guarenteed to sell out, and the proceeds help keep Don Valley from closing down. Which I personally don't want to see happen

Guest Harry the Owl

I know it'll never happen because of the potential for trouble. But wouldn't it be nice if such a match could be played at the Don Valley Stadium, a neutral ground for both clubs ,guarenteed to sell out, and the proceeds help keep Don Valley from closing down. Which I personally don't want to see happen

Pretty good idea, I must say.

Think your right kivo. Carnt remember who was our manager then but seem to remember him not wanting to put the first team out for the dirty blades to break they're legs in pre-season.

Wasn't it David Pleat. I was at that match, and I'm sure it was the season when we ended the first month of the season top of the league. Then we played this game , and Pleat chose to play the reserves instead of the first team. We all turned up expecting to see the first team anilate Utd, but it turned out to be the other way round

I like that idea