Quick question

If a player isnt good enough should we boo the player and abuse him or should we aim criticism at the person who buys/picks him?

My point being that if you logged off Owlstalk on Sunday morning to play sunday league and got 'spotted' (bear with me) and offered to sign for SWFC on £10,000 a week youd sign it

If you then got named in the starting line up at the next home game and played but it turns out you werent good enough - would it be right for the fans to abuse or boo you ?

If a player isnt good enough should you criticise them or those who pick him to play?

Owlstalk Shop

Players don't get booed because they're crap. They get booed because of lack of effort which is what every player should show as a bare minimum. I can take a player being crap as long as they actually try.

Sidibe- Crap. Doesn't get booed.

Bothroyd- No effort whatsoever. Didn't look interested at all. Booed all the time.

Guest markowl123

People cheered when he was subbed, but yet he probably put the biggest shift in today

My biggest concern at the moment is the manager.

The team seem to be a reflection of his dour, confused, uninspiring interviews.

Maybe in training, he's a different fella. Maybe tactically he's chucking some amazing plans out there and the players arent listening.

Maybe not.

I'll never boo the players, whilst a mangers comes out after another clueless afternoon, and says he doesn't know what the issues are.

People cheered when he was subbed, but yet he probably put the biggest shift in today

Cheers aimed towards the manager.

A player should never be subject to abuse/booing if they're putting 110% in.

Picking players who aren't good enough is down to the manager not the player.

Guest hirsty9

Maybe in training, he's a different fella. Maybe tactically he's chucking some amazing plans out there and the players arent listening.

Maybe not.

I'll never boo the players, whilst a mangers comes out after another clueless afternoon, and says he doesn't know what the issues are.

Rumours are DJ only attends training once or twice a week

If a player isnt good enough should we boo the player and abuse him or should we aim criticism at the person who buys/picks him?

My point being that if you logged off Owlstalk on Sunday morning to play sunday league and got 'spotted' (bear with me) and offered to sign for SWFC on £10,000 a week youd sign it

If you then got named in the starting line up at the next home game and played but it turns out you werent good enough - would it be right for the fans to abuse or boo you ?

If a player isnt good enough should you criticise them or those who pick him to play?

I believe the correct answer, and one which only few on here would get, is you wouldn't criticise any of them, you would get behind them and support them

Maybe not.

couldn't have put it better myself.

Players don't get booed because they're crap. They get booed because of lack of effort which is what every player should show as a bare minimum. I can take a player being crap as long as they actually try.

Bothroyd- No effort whatsoever. Didn't look interested at all. Booed all the time.

So why did a proportion of our fans feel he need to boo Lee Bullen for then? Cos he was total 100% for effort and bled blue and white.

Guest wadsleyjackowl

Serious question:- How does a person know who the boo is directed at? 

Hypothetically say I don't like the managers choice of team or tactics, but don't want to blame them (the team) as they are just doing what they are told................ how would one go about aiming the boo solely at the intended recipient? (Just asking like)   

Edited by wadsleyjackowl