Quick question

Serious question:- How does a person know who the boo is directed at? 

Hypothetically say I don't like the managers choice of team or tactics, but don't want to blame them (the team) as they are just doing what they are told................ how would one go about aiming the boo solely at the intended recipient? (Just asking like)   

^^^^^

If a player isnt good enough should we boo the player and abuse him or should we aim criticism at the person who buys/picks him?

My point being that if you logged off Owlstalk on Sunday morning to play sunday league and got 'spotted' (bear with me) and offered to sign for SWFC on £10,000 a week youd sign it

If you then got named in the starting line up at the next home game and played but it turns out you werent good enough - would it be right for the fans to abuse or boo you ?

If a player isnt good enough should you criticise them or those who pick him to play?

Depends on whether you are putting in an effort or not.

So why did a proportion of our fans feel he need to boo Lee Bullen for then? Cos he was total 100% for effort and bled blue and white.

There will always be a proportion that will boo a player because they think they're crap. In general terms I think we as fans appreciate effort. I will never boo a player giving it 100%. Ability varies from player to player but there's no reason why we should expect any less than 100% effort- At all levels of the game!

We've all seen games where the team has lost but put in a battling performance and gone off to a good reception from the fans, and we've all seen games where they've gone off to jeers.

A bit of effort goes a long way in winning over the fans. The ones that we percieve not to be giving 100% run the risk of become a scapegoat- deservedly so or not.

Serious question:- How does a person know who the boo is directed at?

Good point.

I remember Wednesday fans getting slagged off for booing Jay Bothroyd when he got substituted at Wolves, but it seemed to me that it was the home fans having a go at a former player.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

If a player isnt good enough should we boo the player and abuse him or should we aim criticism at the person who buys/picks him?

My point being that if you logged off Owlstalk on Sunday morning to play sunday league and got 'spotted' (bear with me) and offered to sign for SWFC on £10,000 a week youd sign it

If you then got named in the starting line up at the next home game and played but it turns out you werent good enough - would it be rffffight for the fans to abuse or boo you ?

If a player isnt good enough should you criticise them or those who pick him to play?

I wouldnt start crying before every home game if thats what you're asking??

If you then got named in the starting line up at the next home game and played but it turns out you werent good enough - would it be right for the fans to abuse or boo you ?

Is your question by any chance retorical?  :biggrin:

Edited by OwlsfaninNorway