Gary Cahill

Gary was in my year. If i remember right, the blades academy, the wednesday academy and the villa academy all wanted him when we were in year 7 and he went for villa. He used to play on the wing back then. Our school team went from pretty good to a bit poo poo when he wasnt allowed to play anymore. He was always a wednesday fan i think.

Guest Big Guns

He rocked up in at Dronfield Sports Centre in the summer wanting to use the gym, couldn't believe my eyes!

He came to see your bangers..

One of my favourite stories this.

Back in the days of 606 I remember having a gander on the Blades page after we'd beat them two nil at our place (Sodje & Tudgay?). Anyway, Cahill had been on loan with United and I think he'd just returned to Villa. This chap posts something like, 'not only did we get battered, I was sitting on their south stand so had to endure their fans giving it loads and the kick in the teeth was seeing Gary Cahill a few rows in front of me going mental and high fiving all his Wednesday mates when they scored their second '.

LAD

This is true.

He did well for that lot on loan, went back to Villa, then cheered us on in the derby as we beat the pigs.

Their fans were NOT happy!

Gary was in my year. If i remember right, the blades academy, the wednesday academy and the villa academy all wanted him when we were in year 7 and he went for villa. He used to play on the wing back then. Our school team went from pretty good to a bit poo poo when he wasnt allowed to play anymore. He was always a wednesday fan i think.

Wise choice. He wouldnt be half the player had he gone into the weds academy.

And that's correct about the academy's too, maybe if wed's had sorted there poo poo out a bit better back in the dark period we could of seen him in the blue and white

I doubt it. But we might have seen him.

*shakes head in despair*

shared the same 'local' as our bri for many a year(till the turn of the century).we played in the same cricket team, my best mate (RIP) married bri's niece. he is a salesman at gilder honda woodseats nowadays. top man indeed

Nige, you were a better cricketer then footy player and I'll tell Kerrie you said Hi !

Back in the days of 606 I remember having a gander on the Blades page after we'd beat them two nil at our place (Sodje & Tudgay?). Anyway, Cahill had been on loan with United and I think he'd just returned to Villa. This chap posts something like, 'not only did we get battered, I was sitting on their south stand so had to endure their fans giving it loads and the kick in the teeth was seeing Gary Cahill a few rows in front of me going mental and high fiving all his Wednesday mates when they scored their second '.

LAD

:ghoulguy: Go Gary go, ha.

LAD

We were sat/stood just in front of him