Gary Cahill

One of my favourite stories this.

Back in the days of 606 I remember having a gander on the Blades page after we'd beat them two nil at our place (Sodje & Tudgay?). Anyway, Cahill had been on loan with United and I think he'd just returned to Villa. This chap posts something like, 'not only did we get battered, I was sitting on their south stand so had to endure their fans giving it loads and the kick in the teeth was seeing Gary Cahill a few rows in front of me going mental and high fiving all his Wednesday mates when they scored their second '.

LAD

Brilliant!

Back in the days of 606 I remember having a gander on the Blades page after we'd beat them two nil at our place (Sodje & Tudgay?). Anyway, Cahill had been on loan with United and I think he'd just returned to Villa. This chap posts something like, 'not only did we get battered, I was sitting on their south stand so had to endure their fans giving it loads and the kick in the teeth was seeing Gary Cahill a few rows in front of me going mental and high fiving all his Wednesday mates when they scored their second '.

LAD

Yeah, I remember that. Love the way they try to claim him as one of their own after a couple of months on loan after a lifetime of supporting Wednesday.

Yeah, I remember that. Love the way they try to claim him as one of their own after a couple of months on loan after a lifetime of supporting Wednesday.

They named a stand after Jess because her BF is a Blade, how greedy do they want to get? lol

LAD

This is true. It was the week before when he played his last game for them as well.

I reckon it would have been early- mid 80s when I played against him, he played CH and was, as you say, still very classy. Anyone remember Brian Joicey Motors on Middlewood Road??

Yes mate i do , also Brian is now working at the honda garage at Woodseats or he was till recently , Top lad Brian i know him quite well

He's as much of a Wednesday fan as Kell Brook is a blade.

What is that supposed to mean ?

Yes mate i do , also Brian is now working at the honda garage at Woodseats or he was till recently , Top lad Brian i know him quite well

What is that supposed to mean ?

Does he now, Is he a machanic, parts?

Might be able to servce my car, how wierd is this thread getting? lol

shared the same 'local' as our bri for many a year(till the turn of the century).we played in the same cricket team, my best mate (RIP) married bri's niece. he is a salesman at gilder honda woodseats nowadays. top man indeed

I still call it Peter Brookes.