HYSTERIA

Guest manc owl

It's hard to know how to react to tonight's result. I'm trying my absolute hardest to remain positive that we have played better recently, but with our current form and league position, I feel like crying!! We have the two most crucial fixtures coming up next. We will know whether to panick or not after playing Peterborough at home. It could be a long drive back from Ipswich!

It is a wierd feeling, the team being lauded for their performances but the results not being there. Its a positive for us, because the players would have every right to be having their heads down. The best we can do is stay positive.

The big issue was before when we were shipping lots of goals, now we are much more competitive but we need to get a quality winger in who can play the final ball because JJ and Antonio are too similar.

The bad run has happened, we were in free fall for a time, now we are trying to start pulling out of the dive performance wise. But I'm not sure we can do it without that bit of extra quality in the wide areas or even an older head in midfield.

I think were on the cusp of getting it right, but its fragile. If we dont get it right soon we could lose our confidence and hit rock bottom. You cant keep playing well and losing.

true.

we will never get consistant good chances created with the kind of delivery that Antonio and JJ supply. It is just hoping for the best.

Not creating clear cut chances.

Only a matter of time before good performances turn to bad if we keep losing.

i remember this is what happened with Laws. We played brilliant football but didn't get the results.

Don't get mo wrong i am still behind jones but this is worrying.

I agree, but the Laws thing happened up until the first international break. Then we nosedived and didnt arrest it until boxing day. We seem to have more confidence than that team at this stage of the season, but lack a bit of know how in breaking teams down.

It needs to change over the next two games or we are in deep deep $hite. I'm really suprised we havent been looking to the loan market rather than young players to get us going.

I'm going to take the positives from tonight and Leeds for my own sanity, but prior to those games I felt that we looked like a relegation side.

1 point return from 2 games where we've dominated.

We can't buy a clean sheet, and aren't clinical enough in front of goal. Try to present it all you lokk, this formula will result in relegation.

We will soon start fishing round looking for 3 teams worse than us - that's what relegation candidates do. Rarely do they find 3 teams.

People seem to be confident ahead of Saturday, yet Ipswich will field more match winners than we will, I can guarantee you that. We will lose Saturday. And then we will have to score 3 times to beat Posh.

We just haven't invested in the necessary quality in key areas.

The Chairman said we wouldn't be in the championship to simply make up the numbers, hence the reason why people are not happy.

Call it hysteria or whatever you like, the fact is Mandaric created it. 9 points from 12 games wasnt part of the plan regardless of how well your playing.

Its a results based business, just ask Megson.

Jones is on very thin ice, mark my words.

The club made a huge mistake in building expectations at the start of the season. I dont blame the fans for expecting more than this at all.

But given the mess this season has become, I just hope we can scrape enough points at home to make the difference and escape. But we do seem to be a bit blinkered with this youth first policy, good side on paper but clearly lacking the know how.

Its clear as day and we need to act now.

Guest totemowl

The Chairman said we wouldn't be in the championship to simply make up the numbers, hence the reason why people are not happy.

Really. So if the chairman had said we are in the championship to make up the numbers, then people would have been happy?

Plain nonsense. Nothing to do with hysteria.

If you watch good teams especially in the Premiership ( if that's relevant) they don't always defend that great, partly because you can't touch players these days, but when they get the ball they are capable of breaking quickly and creating chances by passing, movement , pace and precision, not to mention sticking the chances away. Most of these elements are missing at present for us even against leeds which was regarded as a great performance.