Dave Jones statement

Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones has issued the following statement in response to a media article published on Monday morning:

While I have nothing but the highest regard for Ken Bates and his considerable contribution to football over many decades, I feel compelled to issue a response to his comments published in the local media today.

I must make it clear that had I heard Sheffield Wednesday supporters chanting anything of an offensive or abusive nature on Friday evening, I would have rightly and roundly condemned them.

There is no place in football or society for vile chants of any nature and I endorse that view completely.

But the abuse aimed at me on Friday was personal. It was also wrong, it was offensive and not the first time I have endured such abuse from Leeds United supporters. Why make it personal? Why were the chants aimed at me?

I cannot emphasise strongly enough that I condemn any abuse of any kind from any supporter and I would stress that the vast majority of fans at every club in the country are decent and law-abiding.

I have no desire to become embroiled in a ***-for-tat war of words on this subject and would now like to draw a line beneath it and concentrate on the job I am paid to do, which is managing Sheffield Wednesday.

Dave Jones

Owlstalk Shop

Sad thing is, he just makes it worse by speaking out about it.

Next time we face Leeds it will be the only thing they sing throughout the whole match.

They know it gets to him so they will continue to do it.

If I was him I'd never shut up about it or draw a line under it.

Leeds are scum and we should remind them at every opportunity.

i like the top quote better .......you tell a moronic fookwit that you dont like what he's saying and he'll just repeat ad nauseum .

Next time we face Leeds it will be the only thing they sing throughout the whole match.

Unfortunately yes I agree, thankfully most teams have the class and human decency and braincells to not sing such a disgusting song.

Guest intercity0wl

Eh, Captain birdseye and leeds can plead their case to all who will listen, yet DJ should shy away from answering because it may make Leeds supporters sing the same songs again, the same ones they have sung for 12 years.

I honestly think that considering what the man has WRONGLY had to face, and beat in his personal life, that he is more than capable of dealing with it again, and again, and again.

Maybe we should try to spend as much effort showing support for our innocent Manager, as SOME Leeds supporters have done supporting their guilty one, Starting at Blackburn on Wednesday.

DAVE JONES BARMY ARMY

Edited by intercity0wl

i like the top quote better .......you tell a moronic fookwit that you dont like what he's saying and he'll just repeat ad nauseum .

It's a difficult one to address. However if we can "kick racism out of football" why can we not treat this type of abuse the same way? It's exactly the same thing. I'm all for free speech but when it is intended to incite and offend and serves no other purpose then it has no place, whether it is about someone's skin colour or their personal life.

Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones has issued the following statement in response to a media article published on Monday morning:

While I have nothing but the highest regard for Ken Bates and his considerable contribution to football over many decades, I feel compelled to issue a response to his comments published in the local media today.

I must make it clear that had I heard Sheffield Wednesday supporters chanting anything of an offensive or abusive nature on Friday evening, I would have rightly and roundly condemned them.

There is no place in football or society for vile chants of any nature and I endorse that view completely.

But the abuse aimed at me on Friday was personal. It was also wrong, it was offensive and not the first time I have endured such abuse from Leeds United supporters. Why make it personal? Why were the chants aimed at me?

I cannot emphasise strongly enough that I condemn any abuse of any kind from any supporter and I would stress that the vast majority of fans at every club in the country are decent and law-abiding.

I have no desire to become embroiled in a ***-for-tat war of words on this subject and would now like to draw a line beneath it and concentrate on the job I am paid to do, which is managing Sheffield Wednesday.

Dave Jones

He's a idiot.

And Id love to know what his considerable contribution is exactly?

DAVE JONES.....

WON'T TAKE NO SH!T!

DAVE JONES.........

WON'T TAKE NO SH!T!

DAVE JONES........

WON'T TAKE NO SH!T!

DAVE JONES........

WON'T TAKE NO SH!T!

DAVE JONES!

WON'T TAKE NO SH!T!

DAVE JONES

WON'T TAKE NO SH!T!