Barkley...

Guest Ripley Owl

Not his best performance tonight?

He was bloody brilliant tonight. Corry was very very good, as was Bothroyd & Semedo. But, Barkley was on a different planet.

Quality.

Agreed and in my eyes, definitely our best performance of the season.

Season long loan would suit all in my opinion. I think he's been fairly average to fair, although was excellent last night. Plays too much football in the wrong areas. That said his touch is first class, and his swagger and demeanour reminds me of a young Gazza. Just looks the part, and destined to be a superstar.

Not his best game, BUT some of them touches/turns, he's on a different level...

Moyes was there tonight, do we think it will be extended or is he done with us now?

WTF!? Seriously you must have been watching a different game!

Outstanding tonight, and really showed why he could be a real player. Played with a lot more freedom and confidence. I was worried he wouldn't get stuck in with him breaking his leg recently and being up against dirty Brown, but I couldn't be more wrong!! More than happy to be proved wrong by the kid

Guest mpinkie182

this was the only game I have been abke to make all season and I thought he was awesome. I see what the hype was about now. And Bothroyd for that matter...

In fact I thought him and Corry playing a little more advanced of Semedo supported COG well

Semedo played right in front of the back four. Got dragged around a bit, plugging gaps left right centre. Good player for us, but who's his replacement/cover if he's injured?

Think Barcs is looking excellent. Bit of magic that reminded me of Gazza with that lovely flick in the 2nd half.

Edited by SandersonsElectronic

did your watch a different game to me? I thought he was poo pooe tonight..

I have been sceptical about this month by month manoeuvre I believe we've been a man light in midfield whilst he's found his feet I worried about his reluctance to get stuck in because semedo needs help - the kid and he is still a kid shows flashes of class and now seems to be getting more confident . The fact his manager was there last night in a big match on sky seemed to galavanise him into showing us just what he's capable of - the flicks and connection, at last, to the defence and attack were what we need

If I was DJ I would have a good 3 way chat with Moyes about whether the lad is fully committed to this or just going through the motions cos he's been told it's good for him and his recovery from his leg fracture

IF he genuinely is interested this could work WE need a benefit from this not just Everton for the first time I'm starting to believe it could

i think he has shown signs of brilliance all season, but struggled in a team that has been low on confidence. He works so much better when given the licence to get further forward, and having semedo and corry (and/ or mcabe) behind him gives him the chance to utilise his forward thinking drive. He has always looked hungry for the ball this season, but last night he really made things tick for us. He was one of the best players on the park last night. Like others have said, i hope we can extend his loan agreement.