players on holiday

Guest bamboogieworld

they came back the beginning of july so been working 12 weeks solid reckon they deserve a few days off.wont make a scrap of difference to how they perform .

1 game Saturday, 1 game in the week and 3 4 hour training sessions a week, you call that working 12 weeks solid, what a flippinglaugh.

Guest intercity0wl

No but i've been going to Wednesday matches for 30 odd years.

Good job you missed us when we were really bad then, god knows how you would have reacted then.

I'd have them in every day 'working' & earning their wage.

International break doesn't mean they can all go swanning off.

Get them learning how to defend, create chances & cross a ball.

I forgot were 'not far off' (the same thing said post match for the last 8 matches)

That's if this holiday malarky is true lol

Edited by richowl

Good job you missed us when we were really bad then, god knows how you would have reacted then.

Thats true. Didn't we have a run in the 70's when we didn't win a game in something like 16 matches? From the late 60's until Big Jack took over in the late 70's we were absolutely dire and I hardly missed a game, the booze and aggro were a distraction necessity to be able to face the football on show..

I'd have them in every day 'working' & earning their wage.

International break doesn't mean they can all go swanning off.

Get them learning how to defend, create chances & cross a ball.

I forgot were 'not far off' (the same thing said post match for the last 8 matches)

That's if this holiday malarky is true lol

I do despair at times. Ok so every other team in the Championship (including Leeds our next opposition) will have let their players re charge their batteries during the international break. Do you propose we take our lot on runs every day running round Greno Woods with afternoon bleep tests.......................some of you will say "Yes too right" but we aren't in the 70's anymore! Many of the players will have niggles and will feel down with the recent results, so I'm all for letting them put their feet up (like every other club), preventing injuries later in the year and hopefully they'll come back reinvigorated ready to run them extra yards

tbh did it hurt em last year , it was the fittest i have ever seen a side battled to the last minuit from kick off ,whether running around greno woods was a good or bad idea it certainly paid off .not as many injuries either if i remember correctly ,apart from the usual suspects

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Yeah, because they never get any holidays, other than that massive two months off after every season.

Is it bothroyd who has gone? Played much football before he came here did he?

Won't be bothered as long as he gets in the gym there.

Oh no. Lets fine all the players for going on holiday, spending time with their families etc. I bet any of the team who may read this will think what a set of lobbers some of the fans seem.

I agree it's not the best time to be going on holiday but they're just like us really. Have a right to go on holiday when they are able to.

Edited by JoshTheOwl

Maybe it isnt a bad thing?

Think about the last 8 games, how disappointing it has all been, on top of that they have to put up with abuse from a section of their own fans

A little break might do them a world of good, come back refreshed with a clear head, forget the bad run we have been on and start afresh, by smashing dirty l***s at home

UTO!!!

This will be the thinking behind it, clear heads and rested bodies. It will only be a couple of days.