Taylors Comments on OS

Guest consilioetanimis

As much as he's started life for us poorly. He IS good enough. He's spent the majority of his career in this league, with the odd promotion to the PL. He is good enough, we just haven't seen it yet. He'll come good, the only downside is he's not getting any younger and he's certainly a stop-gap for this season until we can bring someone else in next.

Guest pops55

Jones could not get in our team at the end of last season.

Taylor has played almost 90 games in the championship for Watford in the last few seasons and unlike Purse was a championship regular when we signed him.

What ever happend to your only as good as your last game?

Taylor and Gardner have both made inauspicious starts here but both have good track records and their former clubs (and fans) were disappointed to see them leave. The Watford fans appeared especially gutted. CB's often take time to settle.

Beevers and Liera have genuine claims but we leaked too many when they played too. In short we don't have outstanding candidates therefore personally I just about favour persevering a while longer with the two incumbents because of their past records...... as I say, just about.

Guest totemowl

I know he his on about half time half time half time, he still at half time half time half time did not even respond to our cheers.

been a season ticket holder for 13 years never booooed a player in my life go home and away always get behind the lads.

HE is no better than Rob Jones and will be costing the club more money.

Well obviously you are right behind him on this one.

The bloke gets slagged off for praising his support.

I appreciate the fact that he hasn't had a great start (he's been sh*t to be fair), but this is turning into a hate campaign and people should be ashamed of themselves.

Yep. They're embarrassing our club again and doing no good at all.

You can be world beaters at your last club and pre that ,means nothing tbh , what means something is getting on with it here and producing his magic in a wednesday shirt , the problem or one of them is DJ decided to throw him in at the deep end ,instead of doing it from the bench , he hasnt made an impact worth the shirt or being captain and leading by example ,this is not happening , people expected a decent player at present they haven't got one ,whether that changes or not is purely down to him and him alone , do the job people will back him , carry on as he is and supporters won't ,Rocket science it is not ,

If Taylor is in front of Lliera, Saturday, i'll be disappointed...that said...If Taylor trots out as captain, in blue and white stripes he will have my full support...same as ever.

It was never going to be owt like last season...this one....We have stepped up on the pitch...We seem to have backslided a bit off it...I'm not talking about the booing..I'm talking about the fans who came to the party against Wycombe...bloody tepid....you would have thought they could have lasted a bit longer eh?....if any bugger deserves catcalls..its the bugger that can afford to ante up, but waits for the next party...instead of contributing to funding the fookin' thing

Guest ChrisTheOwl®

I think the OP should look again at the goal, Taylor at fault for all 3?

The first two went over JJ onto Austin if I'm not mistaken with JJ on both occasions mis-judging the flight of the ball. I'm not even going to have a pop at JJ for that though as he is out of position and like Mattock is a completely different player when back in their natural role.

As for Taylor I worry he may not be up to it but I also think he is trying too hard to be a footballing centre half when I don't think that is his game nor has ever been. Yes their third was horrendous defending but give him some slack at least for maybe a month or two. After that if he hasn't improved I'm sure that a lot more will air their views publicly, but until then lets give him a break!

The first two went over JJ onto Austin if I'm not mistaken with JJ on both occasions mis-judging the flight of the ball. I'm not even going to have a pop at JJ for that though as he is out of position and like Mattock is a completely different player when back in their natural role.

As for Taylor I worry he may not be up to it but I also think he is trying too hard to be a footballing centre half when I don't think that is his game nor has ever been. Yes their third was horrendous defending but give him some slack at least for maybe a month or two. After that if he hasn't improved I'm sure that a lot more will air their views publicly, but until then lets give him a break!

If that's your girlfriend i hate you...

I have been critical of taylors performance and reaction at the end of Tuesdays game, BUT the above post is correct. Nows probably not the time to drop him, but give him and Gardener the chance to develope a partnership. Weve had way too much change, lets start looking at the long game.

I've been disappointed with Taylor but the same goes to Gardner too, just look at how many we've let in, but we have to give them a chance to see if we can grow a partnership, and to try and go from there, if there is a blessing it's the fact we have some time to try things out.

Edited by TaxiMark

Guest sotonowl

Erm....he's on about half time squire !!!! He'll be playing Saturday too so support the fella for fecks sake!!! .....

Yep,absolutely,mertesacker looked shaky when he first arrived at the arse and he looks a different player now,get behind the bloke and give him a chance.

Rob Jones although i loved the guy for his commitment to SWFC he is no where near good enough for the Championship and never will be.

Taylor has played at this level for years.

Just think not long ago we had Danny Maddix, Ashley Westwood & Dean Smith playing for us!!!