He's Ripped The Heart Out Of The Squad

Did he mention COG's goals and praise them?

It's a fair point Almat...can't argue with it to be honest.

But, i still refuse to believe DJ has it in for him. I don't know what the relationship between them is like, i certainly don't see any evidence that it's affecting the player. Perhaps Bothroyd needs to be assured and praised, whereas COG doesn't? Just speculating now, like you and others.

I would agree it was a problem if i saw a COG not giving a sh*t, or the rest of squad not caring...but i don't. Which leads me to believe that regardless of people perceptions during interviews, DJ's interview styles (which haven't changed since last season) are not having an affect on the squad or COG.

Ridiculous comparison.

Anyone who thinks the bulk of our team last year would compete in this league is deluded. DJ quite rightly saw that and made changes, PERHAPS too many at once but he didn't foresee Lines, Buxton and Reda getting injured.

He's tried players from last season - Llera? Beevers? Semedo? Madine? None have shone that much so far given the chance. I read somewhere last night someone saying we should have kept Rob Jones!?!?

We need to build a team for this level. DJ knows that and he's doing it. It's gonna be hard, against some very good teams but hopefully last night (from the reports I've heard) we've moved slightly in the right direction.

he's tried these players and they arent good enough?????????????????? so Taylor has shone more than Llera has he, who was the midfielder that gaffered Burnley and Wolves,

forget it why should i bother, ill just get abuse again from people who obviously never leave the house, keep posting the bullpoo poo

i dont think he's ripped the heart out of the team ,any side that comes from behind 3 times must have a bit of ticker .what he has done is brought in his own players and some of them havnt delivered yet .if you keep changing the manager you are never going to get continuity and a settled squad,they time to judge him and his squad is at the end of this season not after 10 games .

Could you highlight where he praises O,Grady in this piece as I can,t find it!

Starting from about 1'18 in when asked about the quality of our goals: "The first goal's a good goal". He then goes on to talk about how changing Bothroyd and COG around paid dividends.

He then talks about COG generally from 2'00 onwards, praising the quality of his finishing in general, and the quality of his second goal in particular, as well as praising his passion and commitment, before rounding off his comments of COG by praising the level of control he brought to his performance against Burnley, essentially highlighting the improvements in COG's general game from last season.

Starting from about 1'18 in when asked about the quality of our goals: "The first goal's a good goal". He then goes on to talk about how changing Bothroyd and COG around paid dividends.

He then talks about COG generally from 2'00 onwards, praising the quality of his finishing in general, and the quality of his second goal in particular, as well as praising his passion and commitment, before rounding off his comments of COG by praising the level of control he brought to his performance against Burnley, essentially highlighting the improvements in COG's general game from last season.

Good find.

Like you said earlier. It's a shame some have zero faith.

he's tried these players and they arent good enough?????????????????? so Taylor has shone more than Llera has he, who was the midfielder that gaffered Burnley and Wolves,

forget it why should i bother, ill just get abuse again from people who obviously never leave the house, keep posting the bullpoo poo

aaah selective quoting.

I didn't say they weren't good enough, I said they hadn't shone so far. And they haven't. I was at Wolves, not 'sat at home'. I thought Wolves were average at best and that's depressing because we should have got something out of that game.

RE Taylor. We weren't talking about him, we were talking about players from last season. But it's a common trait on here, when the discussion is about one player / subject someone always chucks in another to try and counter the argument.

Good find.

Like you said earlier. It's a shame some have zero faith.

And furthermore, from this article: http://www.yorkshire...grady-1-4990032

COG talking about DJ:

Leading the attack was a responsibility O’Grady relished as he found the net for the first time since the opening day draw at Derby County.

He said: “I will play wherever the manager wants me to play but I do enjoy being down the middle. I enjoy that responsibility of retaining the ball up there and bringing people into play.

“I am just pleased to get on the pitch. Personally, when you go on a bad run you want to give your all to the manager. Things have been up and down a bit (this season) but I now have three goals in the Championship. I feel comfortable and now want to carry it on. The Burnley game was an enjoyable one to play in. We had identified what has been going wrong and enjoyed putting that right.

“We would like to tighten up a bit as we are giving goals away too often. But our overall performance was pleasing.

“To get back to where we want to be, it isn’t always about picking up a big win.

“It is about setting the foundations to build on and that is what we did at Burnley. We didn’t quite get the result on Saturday at Wolves despite playing well. The manager has been good throughout. By rights and results, he could be slaughtering everyone. But that is not the right thing to do. He has got us going in the right way.”

Not even a hint of ill feeling towards DJ from COG there!

Guest pops55

aaah selective quoting.

I didn't say they weren't good enough, I said they hadn't shone so far. And they haven't. I was at Wolves, not 'sat at home'. I thought Wolves were average at best and that's depressing because we should have got something out of that game.

RE Taylor. We weren't talking about him, we were talking about players from last season. But it's a common trait on here, when the discussion is about one player / subject someone always chucks in another to try and counter the argument.

Llera not shone! if it wasn't for him we would have lost against Millwall

aaah selective quoting.

i wasnt selective quoting, i was highlighting the most ridiculous part of your post, if you want me to comment on it in its entirity then i will,

you start with the words ridiculous comparison, referring to the op's observation that last years players could have been given more of a run in the championship, Ridiculous, really? many on here including me give support th that idea,

you then say the bulk of that team couldnt compete in this league, and that anyone who suggests this is deluded, deluded for making a suggestion, are u sure? maybe i could suggest its more deluded to think only your thoughts have credence, or to dismiss ideas that havent been tried properly.

as for your idea of team building at this level, then you explain to me and anyone else who's interested why we have, as the op suggested ripped the heart out of the squad, and in the main replaced the old guard with players of equal or less ability.

has the heart been ripped out of the squad, yes

did the op deserve being called deluded for posting the thread, no

cos he scored goal number 2 and 3 maybe?

Ok. He scored 2 goals yet the defence conceded 2. And conceded an average of more than 2 a game whilst he's played - yes I know that goes for other defenders too but we're talking about Llera.

It's the same argument that gets thrown in for Reda. He might not be the best but he scores.

Llera is a defender. DJ singled him out for criticism which is why he was dropped. I saw us v Bolton and Wolves and thought overall we defended better than we have. Didn't go to Burnley but I've seen the goals. I think DJ will stick with the two CBs who have played at this level before an quite rightly. Once Buxton is back I hope that'll settle the back 4 even more.

I've still got faith in DJ especially over unqualified fans who have no faith and have easily forgotten what A bloody good manager he is.

as for your idea of team building at this level, then you explain to me and anyone else who's interested why we have, as the op suggested ripped the heart out of the squad, and in the main replaced the old guard with players of equal or less ability.

Which of our signings has less ability than a player from last season? Gardner/ Taylor, the experience and level they've played at, are they worse than Beevers, Llera or Rob Jones????

Is Mattock worse than Bennett?

McCabe worse than Lines??

Come on let's have your run down of players that are better than what we've signed

I've still got faith in DJ especially over unqualified fans who have no faith and have easily forgotten what A bloody good manager he is.

can i ask how to become qualified?

is there a badge?

or does 44 years traipsing all over the shop watching Wednesday count?

its only 7 years to become a doctor ffs

Ok. He scored 2 goals yet the defence conceded 2. And conceded an average of more than 2 a game whilst he's played - yes I know that goes for other defenders too but we're talking about Llera.

It's the same argument that gets thrown in for Reda. He might not be the best but he scores.

Llera is a defender. DJ singled him out for criticism which is why he was dropped. I saw us v Bolton and Wolves and thought overall we defended better than we have. Didn't go to Burnley but I've seen the goals. I think DJ will stick with the two CBs who have played at this level before an quite rightly. Once Buxton is back I hope that'll settle the back 4 even more.

we've started conceding 3 now...

i wasnt selective quoting, i was highlighting the most ridiculous part of your post, if you want me to comment on it in its entirity then i will,

you start with the words ridiculous comparison, referring to the op's observation that last years players could have been given more of a run in the championship, Ridiculous, really? many on here including me give support th that idea,

you then say the bulk of that team couldnt compete in this league, and that anyone who suggests this is deluded, deluded for making a suggestion, are u sure? maybe i could suggest its more deluded to think only your thoughts have credence, or to dismiss ideas that havent been tried properly.

has the heart been ripped out of the squad, yes

did the op deserve being called deluded for posting the thread, no

Saying the 'heart has been ripped out of the squad' is a very emotive way of putting what has actually happened though. It implies a level of criticism that, in my opinion, seems unjust.

He has made changes to the squad, of course, and subsequently some players have left - I'm really not sure if that constitutes the team having had its 'heart ripped out'. After all, Semedo, Antonio, JJ, COG, Llera, Beevers, Madine, Reda, Buxton, and Lines are still either in and around the team or injured.