He's Ripped The Heart Out Of The Squad

Just looked at the line-ups that Dj has fielded so far this season.

First few games when we were doing well, we had 7 or 8 players from last seasons squad in the starting line up. Since the Palace game it has been dropping rapidly to an average of 4. For me that is the heart of the problem.

Despite what DJ said about keeping team spirit intact, he has destroyed it by freezing last seasons players out. Wouldn't be in the least surprised if there isn't currently a split dressing room.

Whether or not tonight's result has a positive impact on team morale remains to be seen. DJ has tried to move too far too quickly possibly because his ego was bruised by Megson's comment a few weeks ago that "It's still my team"

TOTALY AGREE.

For me we didn't need that many changes to achieve a respectable league position (12th - 16th) this season.

Apart from Antonio we only needed maybe three or four players to come in and supplement the starting 11; a CB, CM, LW and ST. These would be replacing Batth, Lines, Treacy and Lowe/Ranger.

The spine of the side would have been unchanged and then we could bring in a couple more in January.

But we've tried to do too much too soon IMO.

Guest pops55

Jones record as a Championship manager would suggest he knows the division well enough and the calibre of players required to avoid that

That didn't really answer the question though

Guest Deleted member

For me we didn't need that many changes to achieve a respectable league position (12th - 16th) this season.

Apart from Antonio we only needed maybe three or four players to come in and supplement the starting 11; a CB, CM, LW and ST. These would be replacing Batth, Lines, Treacy and Lowe/Ranger.

The spine of the side would have been unchanged and then we could bring in a couple more in January.

But we've tried to do too much too soon IMO.

You've sold it to me

Jones out - Warm pop boy in

Guest Deleted member

That didn't really answer the question though

It did but it was probably too subtle

Jones record would suggest that he will avoid a relegation battle and therefore should be supported

Guest pops55

It did but it was probably too subtle

Jones record would suggest that he will avoid a relegation battle and therefore should be supported

That again didn't answer the question so i'll repeat it will you give him time if it drags us into a relegation battle

That again didn't answer the question so i'll repeat it will you give him time if it drags us into a relegation battle

This is the real question, isn't it? I'm hoping last night's result means we are turning the corner (but averaging 2 goals a game against is still immensely worrying) but if we aren't how long would those suggesting DJs past record means we shouldn't worry give him if we are dragged into a relegation battle?

Edited by Almat

Guest Deleted member

Oh sorry - yes. I will

well its shall we say deemed by DJ that they are not good enough Nigel otherwise why buy all the new blood if they are, Whether it's the right decission by DJ remains to be seen and i sincerely hope it is . but at the moment i am a bit dubious to the possibility ,there has been mistakes made can the manager rectify this is the question or will he,

i personally would give him at least this and next season, as long as we dont get relegated

we must build, every new manager wants their own players and thats not something we can afford financially

expectations were set too high by MM this season and he is as much to blame for the hysteria on here

well its shall we say deemed by DJ that they are not good enough Nigel otherwise why buy all the new blood if they are, Whether it's the right decission by DJ remains to be seen and i sincerely hope it is . but at the moment i am a bit dubious to the possibility ,there has been mistakes made can the manager rectify this is the question or will he,

It's one of the problems with the way the transfer windows work though.

If DJ didn't bring the new recruits in until AFTER he'd started off with last season's team, then he wouldn't have been able to bring any full transfers to the club until January - by which time a lot of damage could already have been done if last season's team weren't actually up to the task after all. We'd only be able to bring the odd loan player in, which isn't at all ideal.

And to be fair to DJ, he HAS given a lot of last season's team a chance - even the likes of Daniel Jones, who hardly featured at all last season. Only Bywater hasn't had his chance in the league yet - and surely no-one's suggesting he'd make all the difference, are they?

Can we get one point cleared up. I believe I'm correct in saying that Taylor (of whom, by the way, I'm not a great fan,) was brought in to 'strengthen the central defence' and NOT as a Captain. He only assumed this role when Semedo relinquished the captaincy 'to concentrate on his own game'.

The one thing that is painfully obvious has been the loss of Lewis Buxton through injury, a player incidentally who was the subject of much criticism on here, has left a very big gap in the Right Back area.And this is a position which I consider is not his best role.

from what i remember the first three games were a blend of old and new and it worked ,birmingham match was scintilating at times there forewhy change 9 players ,but i have my own thoughts ,i have said my peice. if DJ turns it round( which i hope) all these threads will be pointless