He's Ripped The Heart Out Of The Squad

Just looked at the line-ups that Dj has fielded so far this season.

First few games when we were doing well, we had 7 or 8 players from last seasons squad in the starting line up. Since the Palace game it has been dropping rapidly to an average of 4. For me that is the heart of the problem.

Despite what DJ said about keeping team spirit intact, he has destroyed it by freezing last seasons players out. Wouldn't be in the least surprised if there isn't currently a split dressing room.

Whether or not tonight's result has a positive impact on team morale remains to be seen. DJ has tried to move too far too quickly possibly because his ego was bruised by Megson's comment a few weeks ago that "It's still my team"

Hi Leon, you forgot to add the obligatory "Put's tin hat on" But you are right of course.

DJ is in a difficult place right now, only he knows how many of the nw faces are his. However, one thing is for sure his answer to our deffensive problems have yet to be resolved. He has been let down a little by some and badly let down in one particular instance.

Llera's only sin is that he is one of Megsons men, true he makes the odd blunder but this he more than makes up for in his general contribution and his blunders, few that they are, are far less profligate than his inept replacement.

Going on tonight he has gone back to trying to outscore the oposition, at least we know the flare play is still in the locker. But surely he can't go on in the hope that our deffence is going to get a lucky clean sheet in order to justify his 'Taylor first on the team sheet' policy.

Come what may, I think we've done enough tonight to suggest that we're heading for three points on Saturday. I just hope it's with Llera partnering Gardener for I can't for the life of me put my finger on what Miguel is supposed to have done wrong.

I know Nev, I just wish he would swallow his pride and get Baath back before someone else snaps him up, but I just can't see it.

It appalls me that the last three or four league games have only seen 4 of last season's team in the starting line up and for one game (either Bolton or Wolves) there were just two. Am sure if he went back to fielding 7 or 8 of last season's team as a starting line up we would be doing much better, they went through the wars together last season and will fight to the last gasp.

Like who?

At the end of the day Megson assembled a team of league 1 players to get out of league 1. DJ is now having to do the necessary surgery to make us competitive in the Championship. Which is why he has brought in experienced championship players like Taylor, Gardner and Bothroyd as well as promising top flight players like Barkley.

Also, you do have to bear in mind that since the start of the season both Buxton and Reda have got injured. I also expect to see Chris Lines back in the side in the next few weeks.

Like who?

At the end of the day Megson assembled a team of league 1 players to get out of league 1. DJ is now having to do the necessary surgery to make us competitive in the Championship. Which is why he has brought in experienced championship players like Taylor, Gardner and Bothroyd as well as promising top flight players like Barkley.

Also, you do have to bear in mind that since the start of the season both Buxton and Reda have got injured. I also expect to see Chris Lines back in the side in the next few weeks.

Yes he has to do the necessary surgery but perhaps he could do it limb by limb rather than than remove the torso and all the limbs in one operation.

The patient would die!!

Regarding injuries, if he had tried (and maybe got somewhere mid table) with the promotion players, surely the players that weren't injured would have coped far better than having to deal with injured teammates AND new teammates alongside.

Like who?

Those injured players are last years team, the one assembled to get out of league 1. He can't have it both ways. For me, he's trying to prove a point that he can build his own team just like megson did. At the moment, 7 games without a win and conceding at least 2 goals in 6(?) of them says he is failing. He either needs to swallow his pride or the players he's brought in need to step up a level.

This isn't a call for his head, it's a call for him to play the best team, not just the players he's bought.

I know Nev, I just wish he would swallow his pride and get Baath back before someone else snaps him up, but I just can't see it.

It appalls me that the last three or four league games have only seen 4 of last season's team in the starting line up and for one game (either Bolton or Wolves) there were just two. Am sure if he went back to fielding 7 or 8 of last season's team as a starting line up we would be doing much better, they went through the wars together last season and will fight to the last gasp.

Although I agree with some of your points who would be the 7 or 8 players that we should field, that was part of last seasons team and is fit.

Just looked at the line-ups that Dj has fielded so far this season.

First few games when we were doing well, we had 7 or 8 players from last seasons squad in the starting line up. Since the Palace game it has been dropping rapidly to an average of 4. For me that is the heart of the problem.

Despite what DJ said about keeping team spirit intact, he has destroyed it by freezing last seasons players out. Wouldn't be in the least surprised if there isn't currently a split dressing room.

Whether or not tonight's result has a positive impact on team morale remains to be seen. DJ has tried to move too far too quickly possibly because his ego was bruised by Megson's comment a few weeks ago that "It's still my team"

Megson needs to grow up and stop whinging

Those injured players are last years team, the one assembled to get out of league 1. He can't have it both ways. For me, he's trying to prove a point that he can build his own team just like megson did. At the moment, 7 games without a win and conceding at least 2 goals in 6(?) of them says he is failing. He either needs to swallow his pride or the players he's brought in need to step up a level.

This isn't a call for his head, it's a call for him to play the best team, not just the players he's bought.

Definitely something in this - The old adage "best team ON PAPER" we have a very good squad, player by player, DJ as LMC states, just needs to but the best players out there.

By bringing in Taylor and giving him the armband, what does that say to the rest of the team??? It doesn't suggest the Captaincy is there to be earned, it says DJ has bought a captain 1st and a CB second..

Maybe some who have been dropped aren't good enough? Changes were needed.

Like i said yesterday. yoi should have stuck with the league 1 players.

Norwich and southampton didnt change things too much and they bypassed the championship it seems

Totally different squads quality wise.

Definitely something in this - The old adage "best team ON PAPER" we have a very good squad, player by player, DJ as LMC states, just needs to but the best players out there.

By bringing in Taylor and giving him the armband, what does that say to the rest of the team??? It doesn't suggest the Captaincy is there to be earned, it says DJ has bought a captain 1st and a CB second..

Who would have you given the armband to then?

Its a difficult situation.

DJ's brought in a number of player's he feels will improve us now we are a Championship club.

He's been given the green light by MM to do this so needs to show faith and play them. He wanted these player's so

in his mind they are better than what we had before.

It must be frustrating for the player's from last season not featuring, they got us promoted and will want a chance to prove they can make the step up.

Edited by Danish

Like i said yesterday. yoi should have stuck with the league 1 players.

Norwich and southampton didnt change things too much and they bypassed the championship it seems

Ridiculous comparison.

Anyone who thinks the bulk of our team last year would compete in this league is deluded. DJ quite rightly saw that and made changes, PERHAPS too many at once but he didn't foresee Lines, Buxton and Reda getting injured.

He's tried players from last season - Llera? Beevers? Semedo? Madine? None have shone that much so far given the chance. I read somewhere last night someone saying we should have kept Rob Jones!?!?

We need to build a team for this level. DJ knows that and he's doing it. It's gonna be hard, against some very good teams but hopefully last night (from the reports I've heard) we've moved slightly in the right direction.

Guest pops55

Hi Leon, you forgot to add the obligatory "Put's tin hat on" But you are right of course.

DJ is in a difficult place right now, only he knows how many of the nw faces are his. However, one thing is for sure his answer to our deffensive problems have yet to be resolved. He has been let down a little by some and badly let down in one particular instance.

Llera's only sin is that he is one of Megsons men, true he makes the odd blunder but this he more than makes up for in his general contribution and his blunders, few that they are, are far less profligate than his inept replacement.

Going on tonight he has gone back to trying to outscore the oposition, at least we know the flare play is still in the locker. But surely he can't go on in the hope that our deffence is going to get a lucky clean sheet in order to justify his 'Taylor first on the team sheet' policy.

Come what may, I think we've done enough tonight to suggest that we're heading for three points on Saturday. I just hope it's with Llera partnering Gardener for I can't for the life of me put my finger on what Miguel is supposed to have done wrong.

Well said Nev i agree with every thing you said in that post.

Totally agree with previous post but I think has made too many changes too quickly. Hes obviously not been helped by injuries and a few loaned players from last season returning to their clubs but I still believe hes been too quick to ditch certain players from last season. I know people say Madine is lazy etc but he was our top scorer last season and is still a quality finisher. Forget Bothroyd, Rodri etc and give the Madine, O'Grady combo a decent run together.....we just have to sort the defence out then !!!

Going back to cardiff and his six year tenure,

Whenever he bought someone new and they turned out to be garbage he wouldnt drop them for a while.

Chopra had and still has major gambling debts and problems, dj stuck by him, even when he would go 1 goal in 15 games.

Chops went on to admit he was playing through big injuries just so he could get his appearance fee every week. DJ knew this and wouldnt drop him.

This was annoying our fans, seeing dire performances weeki in week out, and then fans would see chops in the bookies every day after training.

DJ did find some fantastic players, whittingham, for example, but he didnt half bring some garbage here too.

You might well be losing the dressing room, the promoted players must be well cheesed off with not having a stab.

Similar to our dressing room when DJ brought in about 13 players on loan in his last season all on big wages.

DJ's last season was bellamys first stint with us, rumours were, and i must emphasise rumours , were that bellamy started taking over and running the dressing room when results started going against us.