He's Ripped The Heart Out Of The Squad

Guest pops55

He's not ripped the heart out, he's just strengthened it. The health of Sheffield Weds football club is a lot better for it. All those that are looking at this period of time as a negative will look back on it in a few years as a positive necessity.

I really hope your right mate.

My point was that DJ himself said he wanted to keep the team spirit from last season intact. Please explain how he can do that without keeping a core number of players from last season's team?

With the exception of the Palace match, the blip (and let's hope it is just that) in form has coincided with the team fielding most of DJ's signings and last season's player representation being down to just 4 players (for the Bolton game just 2). The forums (and media reports) have also been full of comments about how spineless and insipid most of those displays were.

Pure coincidence?

Sorry but I don't think so (that's just my opinion by the way) but go ahead and shoot me down, the forum is here for topics like this to be discussed and there should be room for all opinions.

The evidence has been there since the start of the season to be fair, even when he was playing Reda, Liera, Buxton, Beevers etc. Yes, we were winning, but we were giving too many goals away through poor defending. I think the big mistake is

Just because some of last seasons players aren't playing or injured doesn't mean there isn't any team spirit. I don't really understand where the evidence is of no team spirit? I have seen nerves and lack of confidence though.

He's not ripped the heart out, he's just strengthened it. The health of Sheffield Weds football club is a lot better for it. All those that are looking at this period of time as a negative will look back on it in a few years as a positive necessity.

Hope you're right but that does smack of hope rather than judgement. I would expect (and MM will demand) mid/long term improvement given the investment in new players.

At the moment though there can be no doubt that performance wise we have gone backwards and the spirit is not what it was. I hope and believe that it will change for the better but if we're assessing now lets do it on facts not blind faith.

The evidence has been there since the start of the season to be fair, even when he was playing Reda, Liera, Buxton, Beevers etc. Yes, we were winning, but we were giving too many goals away through poor defending. I think the big mistake is

Just because some of last seasons players aren't playing or injured doesn't mean there isn't any team spirit. I don't really understand where the evidence is of no team spirit? I have seen nerves and lack of confidence though.

I think that it is apparent that the spirit is not what it was. I'd agree though that confidence may be a contributor to this. Some fans suspect a bit of favouritism, perhaps some players think the same

Edited by Dagmeister

Not sure we can sat the heart has been ripped out of the side Its probably a case of too many players brought in at once. I was reading today that the QPR board are concerned that that is what has happened there Like us, on paper, they have brought in better players, though like us, in some cases you wouldn't think so. Those players like ours need time to settle and get to know each other and then we should see the value of bringing in quality. However, we've all seen before, sometimes you don't get that time, as most chairmen, like the fans, are not noted for their patience. Players also start to feel under pressure and believe they've made the wrong move, and the whole thing starts to fall apart. We need to make sure this doesn't happen here

Not sure we can sat the heart has been ripped out of the side Its probably a case of too many players brought in at once. I was reading today that the QPR board are concerned that that is what has happened there Like us, on paper, they have brought in better players, though like us, in some cases you wouldn't think so. Those players like ours need time to settle and get to know each other and then we should see the value of bringing in quality. However, we've all seen before, sometimes you don't get that time, as most chairmen, like the fans, are not noted for their patience. Players also start to feel under pressure and believe they've made the wrong move, and the whole thing starts to fall apart. We need to make sure this doesn't happen here

Didn't go to Burnley but I understand that, excepting the defensive hara-kiri again, we looked a lot more vibrant than of late.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Hope you're right but that does smack of hope rather than judgement. I would expect (and MM will demand) mid/long term improvement given the investment in new players.

At the moment though there can be no doubt that performance wise we have gone backwards and the spirit is not what it was. I hope and believe that it will change for the better but if we're assessing now lets do it on facts not blind faith.

It might seem like hope but I don't see it like that.

I think we have improved our team from last year and we will continue to do so. Also the squad is now a lot younger and there are some promising youngsters amongst us, which means we can only get better.

I really trust Dave Jones, he's got good pedigree and I don't believe he has lost his ability to be successful in this League.

My thoughts are this and have been this for some time, we are a club in transition. We are no longer treading water as a football club or avoiding drowning- we are a club on the up. However, that upward spiral doesn't happen overnight, it takes time.

This period at the minute I feel will be looked upon as a necessity in years to come. It would seem that things have gone backwards, but sometimes you have to disrupt things to enable you to move forward.

The good times are coming, we just need to be patient.

In Jones we trust.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest pops55

It might seem like hope but I don't see it like that.

I think we have improved our team from last year and we will continue to do so. Also the squad is now a lot younger and there are some promising youngsters amongst us, which means we can only get better.

I really trust Dave Jones, he's got good pedigree and I don't believe he has lost his ability to be successful in this League.

My thoughts are this and have been this for some time, we are a club in transition. We are no longer treading water as a football club or avoiding drowning- we are a club on the up. However, that upward spiral doesn't happen overnight, it takes time.

This period at the minute I feel will be looked upon as a necessity in years to come. It would seem that things have gone backwards, but sometimes you have to disrupt things to enable you to move forward.

The good times are coming, we just need to be patient.

In Jones we trust.

You might i'm still on the fence.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

You might i'm still on the fence.

OK.

You been sat there since he came? or just in the last month?

Does anyone still doubt it after today's game, especially with JJ and Mattock fighting after the whistle?

The team spirit that we had last season has well and truly gone and it is going to take a major effort to resurrect it. Can DJ do it, maybe if he is given time, but Milan is not known for his patience.