He's Ripped The Heart Out Of The Squad

Starting from about 1'18 in when asked about the quality of our goals: "The first goal's a good goal". He then goes on to talk about how changing Bothroyd and COG around paid dividends.

He then talks about COG generally from 2'00 onwards, praising the quality of his finishing in general, and the quality of his second goal in particular, as well as praising his passion and commitment, before rounding off his comments of COG by praising the level of control he brought to his performance against Burnley, essentially highlighting the improvements in COG's general game from last season.

Apologies I only read the piece and didn,t see the commentary

Starting from about 1'18 in when asked about the quality of our goals: "The first goal's a good goal". He then goes on to talk about how changing Bothroyd and COG around paid dividends.

He then talks about COG generally from 2'00 onwards, praising the quality of his finishing in general, and the quality of his second goal in particular, as well as praising his passion and commitment, before rounding off his comments of COG by praising the level of control he brought to his performance against Burnley, essentially highlighting the improvements in COG's general game from last season.

Apologies I only read the piece and didn,t see the commentary

I really don't get that.

So would you also say that the club was arrogant to sell Lowe and Jones onto other L1 clubs?

And are you being arrogant earlier in this thread when you said Gardner and Taylor are the worse CB pairing in this division?

what are you talking about, ive never mentioned Lowe or Jones

i said essix was arrogant to insult the op and for thinking only his opinion matters, i never mentioned the club

and if you dont agree Gardener and Taylor are the worst center back pairing show me one worse

do you get it now

when did i insult you?

i said you showed arrogance and you thought only your opinion counted, that might be a little insulting but its true

you made judgements on last years squad using your opinion, im sorry if this comes as a shock, but your opinion about Wednesday is worthless, just like mine, you are a fan, just like me and the op, remember it was the op you insulted with your opening remarks, "deluded" u called him, and anyone who agreed with him, "simply ridiculous" you said his post was, what gives an also ran like you the right to talk to people like that?

do you thing people approaching retirement should be ridiculed and insulted?

even a mega poster like yourself detached from reality must admit that DJ hasn't given last years team, or megsons men if you believe the conspiracy theory any credance, and its alzheimers

Why the 'son' comment then. Just to attempt to belittle me?

Why refer to my number of posts - do you think I have ideas of superiority over everyone else cos I've posted more?

I know my opinion is worth Jack Shyt. As is 99% of others on here I don't need telling that. But I'm big enough to stand by my opinions.

Last seasons squad was not good enough to compete at this level. That's the crux of it.

DJ saw that and acted accordingly. So far without much success. But I'd rather be where we are now with the season ahead than be stuck with the same squad as last season. Given time it'll come good, IN MY OPINION.

But I'll take the hits if I'm proven wrong.

Btw you need to work on your punctuation and use of capital letters. Old man.

I thought we were comparing last seasons squad to this seasons, in the context of how they played / are playing now.

It's obvious CoG has more than earned his shirt this season. I thinks it's equally obvious that ON HIS DAY Bothroyd is a better player. But JB isn't showing it for some reason, not yet anyway. Hopefully he'll come good, we can only benefit from that.

see there you go again why is it obvious that JB is a better player than Madine, i cant for the life of me understand how this is obvious, if its age and experience then are you saying that every player under 30 is no good

chill out dude.

i only asked a question, ive been insulted more than most on here for standing up for the rights of people to boo if they want, and i dont like people with a million posts abusing people with a few by calling them fools, simply ridiculous, or deluded,

CoG of course. If we have Antonio / JJ on either flank.

Didn't CoG play wide left again midweek?

Nope, imo significantly he played up top. Bothroyd wide left. Maybe the closest we will get to DJ admitting that COG is, at the moment, the main man when it comes to putting the ball into the back of the net?

Edited by Almat

Why the 'son' comment then. Just to attempt to belittle me?

Why refer to my number of posts - do you think I have ideas of superiority over everyone else cos I've posted more?

I know my opinion is worth Jack Shyt. As is 99% of others on here I don't need telling that. But I'm big enough to stand by my opinions.

Last seasons squad was not good enough to compete at this level. That's the crux of it.

DJ saw that and acted accordingly. So far without much success. But I'd rather be where we are now with the season ahead than be stuck with the same squad as last season. Given time it'll come good, IN MY OPINION.

But I'll take the hits if I'm proven wrong.

Btw you need to work on your punctuation and use of capital letters. Old man.

who says last years squad wasnt good enough with a couple of additions it could have been a good building block

im big enough to stand by my opinions too

i suppose the op is too, but you cant be calling him deluded or simply ridiculous just because his opinion differs

see there you go again why is it obvious that JB is a better player than Madine, i cant for the life of me understand how this is obvious, if its age and experience then are you saying that every player under 30 is no good

He said COG, not Madine. Based on past history I would agree that Bothroyd is a better player. Will that be the case when COG finishes his career? Only time will tell. Currently though, COG has made more of an impact upfront that Bothroyd has, but I'm still confident Bothroyd will come good.

i only asked a question, ive been insulted more than most on here for standing up for the rights of people to boo if they want, and i dont like people with a million posts abusing people with a few by calling them fools, simply ridiculous, or deluded,

Yet you find it ok to call people thick :rolleyes:

To be fair you've been the most abusive poster on here in months over the last 72 hours

lol

Anyway - relax... stop with the insults/arguing - and debate your point

You have valid points (sometimes) so you've no need to get all titty hysterics innit

Owlstalk Shop

Bothroyd clearly has the proven track record in this league, Gary Madine & Chris O'Grady do not. That's not meant as an insult to COG & Madine.

Nope, imo significantly he played up top. Bothroyd wide left.

Yep and this is how DJ described it according to The Star - “I thought we needed more quality from wider areas, so Jay was coming in and picking a pass, whereas Chris is more of a runner and chaser and good finisher and gives us something different up there. Jay picked him out a couple of times,”

I've added a bit in bold as I'm sure that DJ really meant to say it.

He said COG, not Madine. Based on past history I would agree that Bothroyd is a better player. Will that be the case when COG finishes his career? Only time will tell. Currently though, COG has made more of an impact upfront that Bothroyd has, but I'm still confident Bothroyd will come good.

Bothroyd's (only?) really good spell came at the age generally accepted as being a striker's best age - 28-ish. COG is only 26 so we will have to see. No-one knows what's going to happen in the future, of course.

Yep and this is how DJ described it according to The Star - “I thought we needed more quality from wider areas, so Jay was coming in and picking a pass, whereas Chris is more of a runner and chaser and good finisher and gives us something different up there. Jay picked him out a couple of times,”

Read post number 149

To be fair you've been the most abusive poster on here in months over the last 72 hours

lol

Anyway - relax... stop with the insults/arguing - and debate your point

You have valid points (sometimes) so you've no need to get all titty hysterics innit

Insulting other posters instead of addressing the point is commonplace unfortunately on this type of forum. It is good that the Mods take a stand. It needs to be equitable though.

He also said COG is a good finisher later on (in response to a question regarding his contribution) but I agree it would have looked better saying it in that context - but not for DJs signing of Bothroyd (who has played the role COG played midweek in all his games prior to midweek). I'm sure I will get accused of looking for things too deeply but to me it's fairly obvious that DJ has performed a U-turn here with COG and Bothroyd but isn't really prepared to admit as such. In a match we desperately needed to score in he played COG in the goalscoring role.

Edited by Almat

i could'nt care less about history, i know all about the history, its our future i worry about, i meant Madine was better than Bothroyd and should be played with COG

when they are thick yes, and they try to belittle me by picking pieces out of my posts without reading the rest, or should i be a clapper and ignore the fact, if you took time to read the post he was objecting too, then read his reply to me you'd see that what i said to him was very accurate

He also said COG is a good finisher later on (in response to a question regarding his contribution) but I agree it would have looked better saying it in that context - but not for DJs signing of Bothroyd (who has played the role COG played midweek in all his games prior to midweek). I'm sure I will get accused of looking for things too deeply but to me it's fairly obvious that DJ has performed a U-turn here with COG and Bothroyd but isn't really prepared to admit as such. In a match we desperately needed to score in he played COG in the scoring role.

Yep, i'm going to accuse you again. You're looking to blame DJ for something else.

Move on.