In this thread I will debunk the 'look like he's trying/gives a fook' theory

Ask a simple question an everyone freaks out when they realise they cant answer it

lol

Classic thread

To be fair Neil you have a fantastic website, you take great pictures and you have contributed to some of the best threads on here.

But when it comes to football you've always talked out your 4rse.

Amazing how many people are that stumped by the question they start getting personal

Just answer the question

It should be a simple one to answer....

There's always someone yelling about a player not looking like he's interested/trying

Or someone saying that a certain player doesn't care/give a flip

So...

In order to debunk this theory totally and prove conclusively once and for all that it's a reight load o poo I will ask one simple single question

The answers to this single question will demonstrate how much of a load of crap it is for people to say 'he doesn't look interested' or 'he doesn't give a flip' type stuff.

QUESTION - HOW SHOULD A PLAYER PHYSICALLY DEMONSTRATE THAT THEY ARE 'INTERESTED', or THAT THEY 'GIVE A flip' ?

Owlstalk Shop

So you put a sunday league player on the pitch and tell him to do the things you want them to do

They can't do it

So you say they don't give a flip and booo em ?

See....I've got issues with this.....

I'm sure Jones never said don't have bugger all shots on target all match......so how can we be sure that they one's we are putting out are doing as he asks never mind Sunday League players?

it's the work you do off the ball/without the ball such as closing players down/pressuring your opponent, trying to win the ball back for your team, tracking back if you're in midfield and when you're in possession it's about making runs to receive the ball, finding space to receive the ball, making yourself available etc, fighting to hold on to the ball (not literally), not giving possession away easily

Amazing how many people are that stumped by the question they start getting personal

Just answer the question

It should be a simple one to answer....

There's always someone yelling about a player not looking like he's interested/trying

Or someone saying that a certain player doesn't care/give a flip

So...

In order to debunk this theory totally and prove conclusively once and for all that it's a reight load o poo pooe I will ask one simple single question

The answers to this single question will demonstrate how much of a load of crap it is for people to say 'he doesn't look interested' or 'he doesn't give a flip' type stuff.

QUESTION - HOW SHOULD A PLAYER PHYSICALLY DEMONSTRATE THAT THEY ARE 'INTERESTED', or THAT THEY 'GIVE A flip' ?

They demonstrate it with their contribution to the game.

One of the best, if not the best, players I've ever seen in blue and white was Chris Waddle yet he never looked "interested".

We took 3000 "interested" fans to Wolves yesterday by all accounts.

They want to see each player contribute in his own way.

First one would be the desire to chase the ball - prime example was with Bothroyd against Bolton, ball played over the top in the corner, Bothroyd didn't even bother to go after it, ball stayed in play Bothroyd just shrugged his shoulders. This showed a lack of interest. Just an example.

Yesterday, Pecnik and Barkley did not work anything like hard enough in their defensive responsibilities, leaving Semedo to do the work of all three of them. Countless times I saw them static as an opponent drifted past them into a position to receive the ball, or fail to put in a committed challenge on those occasions where they were close enough to do so. Maybe you don't agree (although as you are acting as the club's propagandist in chief I'm not inclined to believe you anyway) but wasn't it embarrassing how easily Wolves were able to keep the ball in our midfield yesterday? Maybe at 0-0 this is fair enough, but not for the hour or so we were behind.

They should be demanding the ball, actually wanting it, nott shying away from it. They should go looking for the ball, not lollop about waiting for it to come to them

Easy.

Close down.

Make the opponent play the ball - cut the percentages of a successful pass and put pressure on the player receiving the ball.

This may take effort and energy but shit happens.

Trying to get off the ground for aerial challenges, at least appearing disappointed when we concede

Why are you ignoring these posts neil?

The body language shown from the players at the moment is flippingshocking.

Guest hoggyswfc111

Up the tempo, dont sit back in our half while we're trying to score watching them pass it round

Close the other team down and fight for the ball

Can't score without the ball

They demonstrate it with their contribution to the game.

One of the best, if not the best, players I've ever seen in blue and white was Chris Waddle yet he never looked "interested".

We took 3000 "interested" fans to Wolves yesterday by all accounts.

They want to see each player contribute in his own way.

what you say about waddle is correct, but, you can't have too many of those type of go one way players in modern day football...

waddle did not do too much defending during his career, and some players are a liability in and around their own box...

but if you have 2 or more defensive passengers on your team the something is likely to suffer...

we seem to have a disjointed, disheartened side at present...

IT NEEDS TO GET IT'S SLEEVES ROLLED UP AND INTO THE MIX...

ANYONE NOT FITTING THE BILL NEEDS TO BE ON THE BENCH AT BEST...