In this thread I will debunk the 'look like he's trying/gives a fook' theory

If you believe that then answering the following question should be easy

HOW SHOULD A PLAYER PHYSICALLY DEMONSTRATE THAT THEY ARE 'INTERESTED', or THAT THEY 'GIVE A flip' ?

Players can physically demonstrate that they are interested or that they 'give a flip' by:

a) Scoring goals

b) Making passes to members of his own team that have a positive impact on play

c) Dribble or use pace to get past opponents and then a) or b) above

d) Making tackles that takes the ball off opponents and regains possession

e) Preventing the opponents from scoring goals by tackles, interceptions

f) Make yourself available for passes from colleagues by finding space and/or making sure your colleagues are aware that you are available to receive the ball

g) Vocally help your team by telling/advising players what to do, where to go to maximise attacking opportunities and minimise defensive problems

h) Attempt to regain possession if passes go astray

i) When tackles are lost, put yourself in a position to minimise any problems that may arise

If you are capable and willing to do all of the above then please tell us when you will be signing.

I think we may be confusing our recent frailties with players not being interested. I think the vast majority of footballers want to be successful and idolised and want to make as much money as they can and do care very much about their present club, their team mates (generally) and most of all their own performance. Having said that for every player to "physically demonstrate that they are interested" in every game they play without telling you they've been awake all night with nerves, and sick before the game is virtually impossible.

We can all think of many examples of players past and present who appear to epitomise "giving a flip" but that doesn't mean their team mates who may have gone unnoticed cared or indeed contributed any less. Likewise bad performances shouldn't always be confused with not caring.

Only the staff of a club are really privy to whether players care or not, there are obviously times when certain players lose motivation for various reasons and want away and usually they go. At the present time I would guess that any of our players being accused of not caring really care a great deal unless there is something behind the scenes we don't know about. Finally to take Bothroyd as an example, his future, his reputation and his fortune is at stake. From a purely personal point of view I'll bet he cares like hell to do well while he's here but he proves the point that you can't always demonstrate it.

At setpieces and corners, we used to pack everyone in the box and make sure the ball doesnt leave the box with sliding tackles and sheer determination to keep the ball and put it in the net, these days the corner wont pass the first man and just fizzles out!

always remember a few years ago ball goes out of play ,were losing 3.0 wi 2 mins to go and jimmy mullen sprints 20 yds and screams at the ball boy to give him the ball.That is the level of commitment i expect every time someone puts on the shirt but sadly it just dont happen

Guest foreverSWFC

It's laughable, 'oh we are all okay losing as long as the players show some determination and spirit'. flip me.

If the players showed a little more guile and effort, we wouldn't be have lost 6 on the trot. Players like Bothroyd and Pecnik need to stand up and be counted, they are not working hard enough or digging in to stop the rot, the only way you end a bad run of form is through hard work and determination. Also, i'm yet to see this so called quality from Bothroyd, Pecnik and Rodri? At the moment they are completely ineffective, not showing any fight and not showing any quality.

Oh yeah, and this site is run by an irritating mentalist.

What a cr*p thread.

It's just yet another thread where Neil asks a question and people answer his question and basically prove him wrong

But he doesn't like that so he just repeatedly asks the same question over and over again without further input or argument

BORIIIING.

I

It's just yet another thread where Neil asks a question and people answer his question and basically prove him wrong

But he doesn't like that so he just repeatedly asks the same question over and over again without further input or argument

BORIIIING.

I said the same about the 5th post in, but he just deleted it. Can,t be wrong that lad!