Mayor Signs

Guest kiltonowl

Brilliant news, and another one who hopefully will improve in the future, but not exactly one of the 3 or 4 quality experienced players, with Championship experience, i think we need right now

Southampton had a squad last year that had players with no experience of Championship football such as Lambert & Do Prado and also loads of players with mainly negative experiences of the Championship such as Lallana & Schneiderlin and they got back to back promotions. They added more as the season went on.

Now I'm not saying we're going to get back to back because I don't think the squad is good enough just yet to do that. But it's very much a squad capable of a top half finish at the moment IMO.

Work in progress again.

Exactly...and it depends how you define a proven championship player?

If they are proven like Whittingham, Austin realistically they are going to cost £3m-£4m.

If you're talking about someone like treacy......he's not proven in the Championship, he might have played there but he is not proven.

Great signing IMO

Guest kiltonowl

Who is the next blatantly obvious signing then?

To be fair it was blatent.....Dave Jones does not talk about signings unless they are in the bag, he would have denied it yesterday if the deal was unlikely to happen.

Guest Big Guns

So none of you need to see him play before deciding hes one of the,best players ever,you all went off the same about mike Jones ,admit it most of you have never heard of him.