Mayor Signs

Danny Mayor's Career record

Preston North End

Apps 77

Goals 3

Tranmere Rovers

Apps 3

Goals 0

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Danny Mayor.

So the Mayor of Preston is now the Mayor Of Sheffield.

Wonder when he players it'll be like Lord Mayors Show?

Be reyt. We have two rapid wingers, and one bloke who's like poo off a shovel but who'll never be a footballer as long as he has a hole in his @ss

And yet keeps getting offered contracts by successive Sheffield Wednesday managers.

They clearly don't know as much as you.

God knows if he is any good.

Preston fans dont seem to rate him, although it could be a case of sour grapes.

Lets wait and see, welcome to Hillsborough Danny.

Probably is sour grapes, just like when Charlton fans told us that semedo was overrated

i presume it's bye bye Mikey Jones then...

I'm not so sure about that. My guess is that Mike Jones will be the reserve for Mayor on the right, and that JJ will be the reserve for Antonio on the left. With Semedo and McCabe first choice in the middle (with Amado or Coke and Lines in reserve) it seems like well-balanced midfield.

Guest Sheff Owl

Some Preston fans are just bitter...

He told the club he wanted to leave...

If he was a crap player why are some of them hoping they got a decent fee for him and/or a sell on fee?

He is a tricky winger, not afraid to run at people and take people on and does actually get past people.

Edited by Sheff Owl

Guest wilyfox

I'm not so sure about that. My guess is that Mike Jones will be the reserve for Mayor on the right, and that JJ will be the reserve for Antonio on the left. With Semedo and McCabe first choice in the middle (with Amado or Coke and Lines in reserve) it seems like well-balanced midfield.

by contrast, i reckon DJ wanted 4 wingers covering the 2 positions - and we now have Antonio, JJ, Mayor & Pecnik. Mike Jones surplus...

Pecnik will play out wide, regardless of what people say. DJ has already said that's his best position. hopefully McCabe will cover Lines' absence - a position Pecnik didn't look comfortable in on Monday night; and we will sign a striker (or two), so i doubt he'll play up top, and DJ clearly rates him...

by contrast, i reckon DJ wanted 4 wingers covering the 2 positions - and we now have Antonio, JJ, Mayor & Pecnik. Mike Jones surplus...

Pecnik will play out wide, regardless of what people say. DJ has already said that's his best position. hopefully McCabe will cover Lines' absence - a position Pecnik didn't look comfortable in on Monday night; and we will sign a striker (or two), so i doubt he'll play up top, and DJ clearly rates him...

Not sure I agree with the pecnik out wide bit, After Monday night I think it's a case of Pecnik and Maguire now fighting it out for the 2nd striker role behind Madine/O'Grady/Another. Antonio/Mayor/JJ/M.Jones will be the 4 wingers that DJ wants.

This is one of the fun parts of having a range of options within the squad, looking at the various permutations.

My view is possibly a little different from most peoples. I actually think that a pairing of O'Grady and Pecnik up front would be a great combination, even to the point of it being a preferred pairing to Madine and Maguire. I think O'Grady is an intelligent target guy on the ground and in the air, and I personally think that Pecnik is going to be a revelation.

We'll see soon enough but apart from one reserve, right-sided centre-half I think we have a talented, well-balanced squad. Bring it on!