Rhodes closer to Reading move

Guest Selby-Owl

Guest intercity0wl

If it does, it does.

We move on and get someone else in.

Maybe even someone better and a proven record at Championship level.

What will be, will be.

Dont talk daft, thats like saying we would be shafted good style and never find anybody anywhere as good to replace Ben Marshall should he not come back, oh wait a minute.

Huddersfield had a CB from Reading on loan last season called Sean Morrison so surely they'd ask for him in exchange first? That doesn't mean to say that they won't try for Antonio too but 2 players in exchange is quite uncommon.

If it does, it does.

What will be, will be.

This.

We all thought it was the end of the world when we didn't get Marshall and Antonio proved a fine replacement.

Plenty of players out there, fingers crossed he doesn't go to them and comes back to us though.

Guest intercity0wl

Huddersfield had a CB from Reading on loan last season called Sean Morrison so surely they'd ask for him in exchange first? That doesn't mean to say that they won't try for Antonio too but 2 players in exchange is quite uncommon.

But a British Goalscorer who does what he does, and does it with ease, means Rhodes himself is quite uncommon, dont you agree ?????

If it does, it does.

What will be, will be.

Totally agree mate, Dont get me wrong i would love to see Antonio back here but he`s not the only winger out there. Like MM said in his interview yesterday, We got Marshall and he was good for us, Then we brought in Antonio and so on. I`m sure DJ has alternatives if we cant get Michail on board and i will have 100% trust in those targets.

If it does, it does.

What will be, will be.

Agree, and like Milan said it was the same when Marshall left, and now that name is a distant memory.

Just because the two clubs may want him as part of the deal it doesn't mean the player will want to go.

What I was thinking however if they were to double his wages it could sway him, one thing is for sure, he got a taste of what it's like to play in front of just under 40K something Huddersfield will never achieve and doubt Reading will either.

I understand as everyone does that if he didnt end up coming here we'd have to look for a replacement, but the fact is he was an excellent player for us last season, scored and assisted brilliantly from the wing and for his age and fee touted it would be hard to find someone to match his quality. Now that doesnt mean there arent people around but I just think that fact he is proven here means a lot. To see him go to one of our rivals would be a kick in the teeth as well.

Guest owl forever

@football_focus6: Looks like #swfc will miss out on M.Antonio due to him been part of the deal of jordan rhodes to #Reading #HTAFC