Rhodes closer to Reading move

Guest Selby-Owl

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we know exactly what Antonio can do. Anyone else coming in will have to win over the fans first.

Let's not be fooled though, the likes of Antonio and Treacy are not the only wingers that will be available and that can do a job.

I think what's important with Antonio is that he's proven he fits well and gets on with the team. Bringing in 12 players is exciting but where possible you want to keep momentum through keeping the better players that got us here and experienced that final day.

We need players to take us to the next level. Signing Antonio & treacy is a must for me.

Are they the only two players in those positions who can take us to the next level?

This is the frustrating thing about the hysteria over Antonio, and to a lesser extent Treacy. Yes, like everyone else I hope we sign them, but if we don't I've absolutely no doubt our scouting system and management team will highlight players of sufficient quality to replace them. The term "taking us to the next level" is particularly strange in this example. Antonio and Treacy both came down and did a great job for us in League One level, and both would improve our current squad immeasurably, but both were deemed surplus to requirements for Championship clubs last season. That's now the level we're competing at, so why do we suddenly think Antonio and Treacy are the be all and end all of our Championship prospects.

We need two wingers. Clearly, Milan's talk of signing as many as 12 players suggests the club know this. Antonio and Treacy are both very good players and I hope we sign them, but if we don't, we'll sign two other good players instead. I think our scouting system since Mandaric took over has earned the right to be trusted.

Guest intercity0wl

If they sign Rhodes as well as Pogrebnyak that means ALF will be even further down the pecking order.

Anyone fancy another 50 page ALF transfer thread? :biggrin:

What pecking order is this ALF is well down then ?, 12 Goals in 32 games for Reading so far, and according to my Reading supporting pal is very highly thought of by the Management team at the Berkshire club.

Guest wilyfox

can't see Rhodes at Reading, can't see Antonio at Huddersfield either; past the point of caring. been through the stages of hoping he'd sign, hoping Reading would sell him to us, and hoping Milan will pay for him. so long as we sign 2 wingers and a CM of good quality, don't care who they are.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest Bertyofcleck

Of he goes to Hudds it's only cos they have a commodity they can use, in Rhodes, not that they have more money or ambition.

So what if Huddersfield sign Antonio,

but DON'T sell Rhodes?

Guest We Shall Overcome

Milan said, dj is already looking at at other players, lets be honest he is no ben marshall who is a better player. If he signs for udders, he must be one dopey plant pot, as there will be in a relegation fight. P.S palace fans are saying scannell is poo poo but are gutted at losing gardener.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Milan said, dj is already looking at at other players, lets be honest he is no ben marshall who is a better player. If he signs for udders, he must be one dopey plant pot, as there will be in a relegation fight. P.S palace fans are saying scannell is poo poo but are gutted at losing gardener.

Thanks for that