And they we are arrogant

Sheffield United's Nick Montgomery has criticised Sheffield Wednesday's Chris Lines for "immature" comments made after Sunday's 2-2 derby draw.

The 29-year-old Blades captain would not reveal what Lines said but told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I'm disappointed with his comments.

"He came out with a disrespectful comment coming down the tunnel that I heard and found it pretty immature."

Montgomery was also unhappy with claims Lines made on Twitter.

The 25-year-old Owls midfielder said on the social networking website: "Great comeback today. Shows the spirit we have... deserved all three points #chances. But we'll take the point... dominated for long periods."

And Montgomery said: "To go on Twitter after the game saying he should have beaten us, I'm sure that the occasion just got to him.

"I don't think he's ever played higher than League One and maybe emotions took over him."

Come on Lines, get a Twitter posted about who the Championship player and League One player is now. Thank you! lol

Sheffield United's Nick Montgomery has criticised Sheffield Wednesday's Chris Lines for "immature" comments made after Sunday's 2-2 derby draw.

The 29-year-old Blades captain would not reveal what Lines said but told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I'm disappointed with his comments.

"He came out with a disrespectful comment coming down the tunnel that I heard and found it pretty immature."

Montgomery was also unhappy with claims Lines made on Twitter.

The 25-year-old Owls midfielder said on the social networking website: "Great comeback today. Shows the spirit we have... deserved all three points #chances. But we'll take the point... dominated for long periods."

And Montgomery said: "To go on Twitter after the game saying he should have beaten us, I'm sure that the occasion just got to him.

"I don't think he's ever played higher than League One and maybe emotions took over him."

It must have been something about Ched but I remember Megson at the time saying he knew what was said and it wasn't Lines who said it.

Wasn't it Doyle who punched the ground when he realised they'd blown it, then went running to "Gentle" Uncle Morgs for a cuddle! I'm still laughing.

I've only just seen the recording of the game and I'm aghast at how bad United were. Seriously, apart from that Quinn effort they never looked like scoring and couldn't have complained if they'd lost 3-0 in normal time. Even McCabe is seriously deluded if he thinks, as he says, they were really unlucky again.

Montgomery is just thick, aswell as being a useless footballer.

Guest christheowl

They're so hypocritical its unbelievable. The poster on pigsmad constantly go on about arrogance, when Megson mentioned 'winning the league', it was proclaimed as arrogance. You only have to look at the civic reception thread on pigsmad, now that is what I would call arrogance..."we're such a big club we should reject a civic reception"...no need to do it in the end :tango:

Guest TonyOwl88

Not sure where he gets his confidence.... the way I see it, Quinn, Montgomery, Maguire and possibly more, will all be sold because their wage bill is ridiculous for that league. (far greater than ours, although Evans will have saved them some money by taking a trip to jail).

For a club that only took about 28k to Wembley, their crowds will almost certainly be down another 2k or so... further impacting on their wage budget for next season.

You know what... their situation reminds me of Swindon when Danny got them relegated a couple of years ago.

You couldn't make it up could you!! lol

You could, but it sounds so far fetched that no one would believe you which makes it all the sweeter that they are coming out with all this crap!