Automatic is STILL very realistic

Guest Deleted member

We have 5 away games left - United have 8

United have a defensive crisis with injuries and suspensions ahead of their next 3 games - all away

We can hopefully get playing again with new manager effect and even more hopefully start finding the net

Lets start tomorrow night with 3 points against Bury with (hopefully) Lowe and Jones FINALLY sharing some pitch time, something they havent done since Jones arrived.

Im feeling very positive today - this is STILL in our hands

That's the spirit...UTO.

We have 5 away games left - United have 8

United have a defensive crisis with injuries and suspensions ahead of their next 3 games - all away

We can hopefully get playing again with new manager effect and even more hopefully start finding the net

Lets start tomorrow night with 3 points against Bury with (hopefully) Lowe and Jones FINALLY sharing some pitch time, something they havent done since Jones arrived.

Im feeling very positive today - this is STILL in our hands

Wahooooooooo!

I said so after the Rochdale game - if in one game, hudds can throw away a 3 goal lead, and united a 3 goal lead then it just goes to show that over the next 12 games anything can happen!

It's still not in our hands but we can give ourselves every chance.

You have to go back to our game v hudds since we threw away a big lead like that. I can imagine what their forums are like now. All I would say is we can't afford to fall any further behind. If we can hang on in there like we're doing then certainly anything can happen but losing on a day the others win doesn't bear thinking about. On the other hand it only takes the opposite happening and things get very interesting- like tomorrow night ?for example, its still that close.

I do think the points tally we expected to need (around 92), will be an over-estimation in the end.

The blunts are having a woble (2 defeats in 3) and Huddersfield are no great shakes either.

Unless we start scoring though, this is all talk.

Plus MK Dons are right back in the hunt because of everybody else screwing up these last few weeks.

Yep they could be the ones to watch, what a nightmare that would be, but if we somehow manage to put the run together we all hope for we should pip all of them.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Plenty of football to be played!

They'll be some twists and turns.

We need consistency without a shadow of a doubt. However, Blades run-in is harder than ours!

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest Sunflower

4 very ordinary teams going for 1 place, and in all honesty my money would be on MK as the other 3 are starting to panic big time, sacking managers, throwing away leads etc..

Not a wind up post as usual, that's how I see it !!

A pig fan as just text me saying they've signed Kilgallon til end of season.

Seems very excited about it but I text him back saying he's been on loan to Donny Rovers and was very poor for them. :paulwalker:

That would be great, another ex player for them on very good wages but a shadow of the player he was first time round at the lane.

Edited by salmonbones

Before we won the derby I'd proper spat the dummy out and given up on automatic. Pigs were so far ahead and I thought they'd beat us to cement it. Then we won. I still thought it was too big a gap etc. then they go 2 up on Saturday, Huddersfield winning too, we can't score at Rochdale which probably means we'll lose in the last minute. Yup, I'd given up again.

What a difference 45 minutes makes. If we'd won I'd be getting well carried away. As it is, it's back on the table and a possibility. We simply have to put a winning run together, starting tonight. If we do our bit between now and the end of the season we will go up I reckon. There's loads of twists and turns to come.

Guest Ripley Owl
Utd, Stevenage and MK Dons ALL have to play Tranmere - who now have Ronnie Moore at the helm... hopefully a bit of the new Manager effect can help there too lol

Good point !

I'm not saying it will happen, but we can't rule Stevenage out. They're going about their business quietly and nobody is talking about them. But lets not forget they're having probably their best season ever so confidence will be high. I would be absolutly guttered he they beat us to 2nd

we're not hitting a barn door up front, not sure if it's down to the forwards, or midfielders, or both...

we have to start scoring to get anywhere near second spot, if we carry on at out last month or so's scoring rate, we'll be lucky to make the play-off's...

be interesting tonight...