Automatic is STILL very realistic

Guest Deleted member

Guest TonyOwl88

I do think the points tally we expected to need (around 92), will be an over-estimation in the end.

The blunts are having a woble (2 defeats in 3) and Huddersfield are no great shakes either.

Unless we start scoring though, this is all talk.

Plus MK Dons are right back in the hunt because of everybody else screwing up these last few weeks.

Fookin' HappyClappers...!

.........absolutely by definition;

Fan (n); supporter, admirer, afficionado, follower of a cause, subject or association. Fanatic, happyclapper, addict,

If JJ had not been lost and replaced by the awfull Bostock we would have beaten Chessie , also Megson only had Antonio for 1 game .

That could be true, we'll never know.

But, we've known for 5 years we can't rely on form or fitness when it comes to Jermaine Johnson, that's just an example of the sort of thing I meant when I said we have no plan B when we fail to break teams down.

Edited by leea8331

Guest intercity0wl

Not strictly true. We are very much reliant on other results as well as ours.

Agree its out of our hands now, its still the blunts to throw away, Im quite comfortable with a play off spot which still is a succesful season imo, although obviously automatic would be very nice.Thats the problem on here, people just settle down to accepting what is the more probable outcome, aand then someone starts raising the bar again and everybody gets Giddy.

Agree its out of our hands now, its still the blunts to throw away, Im quite comfortable with a play off spot which still is a succesful season imo, although obviously automatic would be very nice.Thats the problem on here, people just settle down to accepting what is the more probable outcome, aand then someone starts raising the bar again and everybody gets Giddy.

True that,

I think something like 75 points will guarantee a play off spot without question, thats 5 more wins give or take a point.

5 wins from 12 games sounds simple, but how many have we won in the last 12 games in all competitions? The answer is 3.

We need to get to a points total that guarantees a play off spot first, as quickly as possible, then see how close we are to the automatic place.

It's not over until the maths say it is ...very unlikey things have happened before in relegation and promotion battles.

Realisticly we just need to firm up our play off place , and we need to improve our form big time to do that.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves again.

I agree that the playoffs would be a successful season and I would have taken that at the start of the year. Automatic may be raising the bar but it seems that of the teams around us no one is in great form. I don't think its unreasonable to suggest we have a good chance of finishing above Huddersfield and MK dons given we are all currently so close. Of course the Piggies have a points advantage but their form is wobbling a bit, they have a short term defensive crisis and they have 5 games in the next 2 weeks of which 4 are away from home. Its quite possible given these factors that they will drop quite a few points in that spell. I just feel given the circumstances that there is a real opportunity to finish 2nd, on probably a lower points total than looked likely up until recently. Of course if we miss out and only get the playoffs then fair enough but I think we should aim high whilst the opportunity presents itself.

get real lads if we don't up the ante we are not going anywhere near automatics ,and that is not a slur on jones ,

we need quality we had it briefley with Marshall

hopefully this Antonio can step up to the plate , and even then if we don't start scoring it's going to be an allmighty battle

i do want us to go up though by hook or by crook ,but i am trying to be honest ,the work starts here,

I love the fact that we were dying on our arse last season but we can now have these sorts of debates. Playoffs would be a reit achievement all things considered, only problem then would be if we limped in rather than having momentum and confidence.

Huddersfield game is looking scarily important now too.

I know it is alright for fans to do all this speculation, it is part of the fun (?). What the team needs to do is just concentrate on each game and try to win each one.

Individually there isn't a single one we can't win. The hardest is Hudds and I still think we should fancy at least a point there.

We do that and then see what the table brings. Worry about the table and what others are doing and you just add a bit of pressure.

UTO

Anybody who has played this can identify it against trying to get outright promotion. You start off on a flyer with the ball dropping down the three point slot before all of sudden your ball seems to big to go down it resulting in just one or no points. So someone else comes along and passes you. They then suddenly have the same problem that you had earlier and someone else passes them. Then you unexpectedly start to find the three point hole again which results in a tight finish. But there is always the clever illegitimate i.e Charlton that has no problem whatsoever in getting the three points.

post-13471-0-69306700-1330955202_thumb.j

We have 5 away games left - United have 8

United have a defensive crisis with injuries and suspensions ahead of their next 3 games - all away

We can hopefully get playing again with new manager effect and even more hopefully start finding the net

Lets start tomorrow night with 3 points against Bury with (hopefully) Lowe and Jones FINALLY sharing some pitch time, something they havent done since Jones arrived.

Im feeling very positive today - this is STILL in our hands

Maguire and Lowton are only banned for the Walsall game aren't they?

Guest S24SU

Agree its out of our hands now, its still the blunts to throw away,

If anybody can throw it away it's us.

You'll still need to win a few every now and again though.