Automatic is STILL very realistic

Guest Deleted member

Personally I'd be very happy with a play off spot.

We can still finish 2nd, if we turn up like we did against United.

We can also finish 7th, if we turn up like we did for 4 of the last 5 games.

Need to get some momentum going, starting tomorrow night.

We have 5 away games left - United have 8

United have a defensive crisis with injuries and suspensions ahead of their next 3 games - all away

We can hopefully get playing again with new manager effect and even more hopefully start finding the net

Lets start tomorrow night with 3 points against Bury with (hopefully) Lowe and Jones FINALLY sharing some pitch time, something they havent done since Jones arrived.

Im feeling very positive today - this is STILL in our hands

I've been promoting this for weeks too many people giving up -- Yes they have to collapse but I think they will the pressure will get to them

We have to focus and start getting nasty in the words of that great football guru Flavio

BTW @Walkerpw: Danny Wilson defensive crisis ahead of tomorrow's match at Walsall #SUFC come on!!!!

Edited by steelowl

I thought we had blown 2nd place unless something weird happened and it did on Sat , Utd have a history of flipping up and seeing us in their rear view mirror will have them Sh1tting themselves .

Personally i thought we would have won on Sat if Megson was still here and he would have kept the momentum going right up to the last game ,

Lets hope jones can inspire the lads because its deffo do able .

Guest Deleted member

Personally i thought we would have won on Sat if Megson was still here

I must admit I thought the same

Although I thought that at exeter too lol

Personally i thought we would have won on Sat if Megson was still here and he would have kept the momentum going right up to the last game ,

Not trying to be mr Negative, but Saturday was an exact copy of so many game we played under Megson, bizarre tactics and no plan B when we failed to break them down.

The only difference between the Rochdale game and the Chesterfield game was the width of a post.

Edited by leea8331

Guest wilyfox

Not trying to be mr Negative, but Saturday was an exact copy of so many game we played under Megson, bizarre tactics and no plan B when we failed to break them down.

The only difference between the Rochdale game and the Chesterfield game was the width of a post.

well put

We have 5 away games left - United have 8

United have a defensive crisis with injuries and suspensions ahead of their next 3 games - all away

We can hopefully get playing again with new manager effect and even more hopefully start finding the net

Lets start tomorrow night with 3 points against Bury with (hopefully) Lowe and Jones FINALLY sharing some pitch time, something they havent done since Jones arrived.

Im feeling very positive today - this is STILL in our hands

I said before Saturday that auto promotion was still a possibility. We dropped 2 points on Saturday but still emerged sligtly better off with United's catastrophe. If we can't stave off the challengers like Huddersfield et al then we don't deserve an auto spot. United are holding the best cards yes, but they will be missing key defernders for a game or two, have more away games and who knows what will unravel in the Evans court case.

One last thing; this season has gone in cycles.

1) Utd set off like a train leaving us in their wake

2) United slip and we have a good run and things look rosy.

3) We slip and they are steaming again

4) We get on a 'new manager' roll and they hit a final and decisive slump.

Could happen. All to play for. We need to start playing better though.

Edited by sal1

If JJ had not been lost and replaced by the awfull Bostock we would have beaten Chessie , also Megson only had Antonio for 1 game .

If JJ had not been lost and replaced by the awfull Bostock we would have beaten Chessie , also Megson only had Antonio for 1 game .

..... maybe.