Anyone Else Dropped the Bombshell !

Guest contango

Girlfriend loves the Owls as much as I do, when I told her we were having dinner at Hillsborough she was thrilled the words were 'thats perfect' its all about selecting the right Model guys. lol UTO

Guest cypress hill

No bomb shell needed to be dropped. I told her, that was that. Wednesday are at home, what is there left to say?

I should probably at least get her a card at lunch time though (only if they're discounted).

get her card t'moro

I don't understand this.

Why are men in settled relationships bothering with or acknowledging Valentines day?

Has the corporate world invented a new meaning?

Mr Tesco has a lot to answer for.

It's pish mate I totally agree. I've bought a card because she'll get upset if I don't, but I try to treat the lass well all year and not just on Valentines day. It annoys me that you're expected to do all this because some shops tell you to do so. Surely being treated well all year should mean a lot more than her getting a poofy card with a bear and love hearts on, flowers, and all the other rubbish you're supposed to buy?

I asked her if she wants to come to Hillsborough tonight. She doesn't so that's that and fine by me.

Guest wadsgod

It's my sons birthday 14 today and he my daughter and myself all have S/T, so it was never going to be a problem for me. Nice one son and I hope the boys give you a good present tonight although my gut feeling is you'll be disappointed(-: )-:

Guest contango

gotta laugh at the macho bravado on here lads :biggrin:

whos going to be the first one to admit theyre talking b0ll0cks!

I take it you are going to Pizza Hut to share a romantic moment then lol

My missus got a letter last week, explaining that due to EU regulations and the balancing of the julien calendar that this year valentines day had to be brought forward to the 13th this year. Took her out last night all good (except it was a bit quieter than normal), job done lol

Guest JonTheOwl66

I thought I'd tell my missus slightly differently.. As I was making her breakfast this morning, I thought "We have some alphabetti spaghetti in the cupboard."

So out it came, put it in the pan, cooked it. Poured it out onto a plate and spelt: "Sorry darling, my true love is calling me tonight. I'll be out from about..." But I'd ran out of letters by then. So I had to dash to the shops, get some more, cook it and so on. By this time the missus was getting a bit peeved off anyway. But eventually I spelled out; "Sorry darling, my true love is calling me tonight. I'll be out from about 6:30 till 10. I'll fetch you some fish and chips and a DVD before I go out though."

I'm now walking round with a big welt on my face from her whacking big ring. So anybody on the north stand, keep an eye out for a young man with a big line on his face, across the cheek area.

:ph34r:

She'll understand when I tell her my true love are the Owls though.

(I hope)

Edited by JonTheOwl66

Seriously, when did Valentines Day change from a "surprise anonymous light hearted card" from someone unknown or even pretending to be unknown to a "spend a fortune on someone you've lived with for decades or you don't love them" day?

Anyone, male or female, who is taken in by such nonsense ought to grow up, get a life, or whatever the current phrase is. Love every day.

Hold me, in your arms, may they keep me, sing me a lullaby cause I'm sleepy, I'm scared you don't need me any more, bring me to the light of the morning, take me through this night till the dawning, I see a a warning in your eyes.