Madine/O'Grady - does it work?

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Does this not give our Defenders more reason to hit it long and hope they win a header or hold it up?

Aren't Madine/O'Grady to similar? IMO yes...

I would like to see Madine with Lowe or O'Grady with Lowe but if i had to pick i would love to see Madine with Lowe..surely we have to try something different?

Let's be honest tho - i don't see Megson dropping O'Grady...

I'm not saying O'Grady deserves to be dropped and i like him but i want to see something different..

Not without runners from midfield. And Lines was playing most of the game as a sweeper. M jones was a bystander and Buxton was doing his best.

Lowe makes very good runs and I'd like to see him with Madne (can you imagine how many offsides in the games though?!!)

We desperately need a creative midfielder/winger though.

Guest Sheff Owl

The thing is Lowe and Madine are prepared too shoot, O'Grady isn't..

Kuqi, Peacock - ran everywhere, covered every blade of grass but just couldn't get the goals..

With Madine and O'Grady it's making us look like we just want to pump it forward.

Guest wilyfox

i think it can work providing we get adequate service to the strikers. we were overly dependent on Marshall while he was with us, often with a makeshift wide-player on the other side. now he's gone we're toothless. we've lost two prem squad players and replaced them with a league one winger; that needs to be addressed. to his credit, Madine has 12 goals in 18 starts while feeding off scraps. the Sflaphorpe game will prove equally challenging as things are.

Does it work - no

Simple as that

madine scored nearly all his pre injury and suspension goals before cog came into the side...

the fact is everybody seems to fail to click with cog...

the lad tries his ballz off, he not the least skilled footballer in the division by any means, so why?

i think it's that he's not best cut out to do the role he's being asked to play...

Guest Sheff Owl

If Morrison is not gonna be used we need to try and ship him out and bring another Striker in..

Madine/O'Grady and Morrison will all try to do the same things.

We only have Lowe that will play on the shoulder and has fantastic movement.

Does this not give our Defenders more reason to hit it long and hope they win a header or hold it up?

Aren't Madine/O'Grady to similar? IMO yes...

I would like to see Madine with Lowe or O'Grady with Lowe but if i had to pick i would love to see Madine with Lowe..surely we have to try something different?

Let's be honest tho - i don't see Megson dropping O'Grady...

I'm not saying O'Grady deserves to be dropped and i like him but i want to see something different..

What are you saying ?