Madine/O'Grady - does it work?

Guest Sheff Owl

O'Grady is strong and holds the ball up very well. Madine is also decent at holding it up. Either one of them is more effective for the team with a smaller, nippier striker playing off him and they're too similar to play together.

Unfortunately O'Grady isn't a goal threat whereas Madine is capable of sticking a chance away, therefore the obvious most effective partnership has to be Madine and Lowe.

Guest Sheff Owl

I agree you shouldn't need to play both Madine/O'Grady in the team because both can do a similar job..you need someone to be able to play off one of them, get in behind etc etc.

I honesty think playing O'Grady/Madine together we are just shooting ourselves in the foot.

We are constantly looking for them with long balls.

Guest Sheff Owl

Sadly i agree.

I don't think O'Grady will be dropped.

Megson said on Radio that Madine came back and was ALWAYS gonna come straight back in...what does that say for Lowe?

It doesn't make sense to me, what is the point of bringing in Lowe if everyone else will get a shot before him, Morrison and JJ have both played up front in the last 2 weeks before him.

Seriously was Lowe a Megson signing? It's looking like Paul Heffernan all over again, Irvine brought him in and never played him and Megson never played him - yet Lowe and Heffernan are similar (Lowe better) play on the shoulder, movement is good etc.

Guest colin ponce

I'd like to see O'Grady up front....for Rochdale. Hold your hands up Meggo and admit you have

wasted a load of Milan's money. An absolute disgrace of a player.....4th division at best. Get rid

or we will struggle to make the play offs. 2 goals in 16 games is not poor it's embarassing and he

should pack the game in.

Madine and a corner flag would be better than that useless lump of poo .

Interesting stat that above...could Morrison be the answer then? He is a very unselfish player who links up with his strike-partner, even if he doesnt get many goals himself.

Could be worth another go...

Has Madine never played up front with Lowe then? Lowe definately has more to offer, we arent getting the best outta him.

Guest Home_of_Hirst!

O'Grady needs dropping, I admire his work ethic but he's just not doing it on front of goal.

Madine will always score goals at this level but for me O'Grady needs to get more goals.

Agree. I like most judge strikers on there goals, even if they do offer alot else where. O'Grady does offer else where but this role is done by lowe, morrison and madine also. The difference with madine being he has it all IMO. I really want lowe to start tues with madine. If lowe was a bit faster he would be a great partner to madine.

Guest Sheff Owl

Has Madine never played up front with Lowe then? Lowe definately has more to offer, we arent getting the best outta him.

That's incredible - that Lowe has not started with Madine going on them stats.

Even more reason to give it a go...he is just wasted on the bench.

I just wonder what the point of bringing him in..it's not far on the lad.

Does this not give our Defenders more reason to hit it long and hope they win a header or hold it up?

Aren't Madine/O'Grady to similar? IMO yes...

I would like to see Madine with Lowe or O'Grady with Lowe but if i had to pick i would love to see Madine with Lowe..surely we have to try something different?

Let's be honest tho - i don't see Megson dropping O'Grady...

I'm not saying O'Grady deserves to be dropped and i like him but i want to see something different..

i agree mate and posted something along those lines a couple of days ago.

At least one of your strikers has to at least WANT to face the goal. O'Grady was there best defender today, his first touch is always away from goal.

Madine got his goal, but his touch wasn't the best at times.

It does not work, the two of them are too individual. Lowe or even Morrison at least look to see where their partner is and play off them. I'd like to see Clinton and Lowe given a go together actually.

And BTW, that half volley of O'Grady's in injury time - the collective groan said it all. You could tell that COG himself didn't expect to hit the target either .

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm just not sure what Lowe/Morrison have to do..

Morrison had a very good game vs Tranmere and then was dropped for the West Ham game and let's be honest he should have kept his place.

We have 4 Strikers, yet seem to only want to play 2 of them, from the start anyway.

Guest Home_of_Hirst!

As for judging strikers by goals alone, what is the net difference between two of them sharing 40 goals equally as opposed to 30:10 ?

It means you have two prolific strikers rather than one. strikers are there to score goals and they will be judged on that factor. let our midfielders create the chances and let our strikers put it in he net, and i think on tuesday i would rather have lowe there to take the shot rather than O'Grady.