The Official January Transfer Window Thread

Ben Marshall signed for Leicester- confirmed by LCFC.

1215: Leicester City are close to agreeing a deal for Stoke City winger Ben Marshall, BBC Radio Leicester understands. It is not done and dusted yet but barring any late hiccups, Marshall will become Nigel Pearson's fourth signing of the January transfer window.

Lewis Grabban seen at hills according to someone on twitter - trying to get photo evidence up on here. I reckon it's an advertising trick....

Danny Johnson @ASwift_danny

#BBCFootball Visiting a work experience student at #swfc & he was talking to Lewis Grabbon in club car park. I thought the deal was off?

@scottcooper87 No rumour sir - Photo evidence proves its. I'm trying to get @Aswift_Simon to post it on the #owlstalk forum

Edited by bigrbuk

Lewis Grabban seen at hills according to someone on twitter - trying to get photo evidence up on here. I reckon it's an advertising trick....

#BBCFootball Visiting a work experience student at #swfc & he was talking to Lewis Grabbon in club car park. I thought the deal was off?

@scottcooper87 No rumour sir - Photo evidence proves its. I'm trying to get @Aswift_Simon to post it on the #owlstalk forum

Hasn't this Danny Johnson been touted on here before, and he speaks b0llcks? Brian Howard rumour from a while back I think? Or am I talking poo ?

I've just replied

https://twitter.com/camffiti/status/164328575443550209

Cardiff looks the most likely destination. Davie deserves a move, a pay rise, and the chance to possibly progress to better things. Unlike Stevenson who hasn't moved forward anyway joining Ipswich, Templeton goes with my best wishes. I hope he has a cracking career down south.

In terms of Davie to Ibrox there are several reasons why I can't see it happening.

1) Romanov won't sell to Rangers unless they pay big cash (up front) we made that mistake with Lee Wallace.

2) Rangers don't have have that big cash to spend, they had to rely on Sone Aluko paying his own fee in order to join Rangers, and they've been snubbed by Latin American teams and St Johnstone recently for "derisory offers". The cupboards are bare and Whyte's "warchest" claims were nonsense from the off.

3) The Jelavic money they receive won't be enough to cover the fee and wages. Rangers have their big tax case coming up soon, there are rumours that they have mortgaged three years worth of ST sales and that they desperately need cash in the business to stay afloat. Jelavic will go for roughly £7m, they paid £4m for him, Rapid Vienna have a sell on clause, and seemingly the player is entitled to a chunk too.

4) Temps is a Celtic fan and hates Rangers. Probably not a big consideration, and it hasn't put off some players in the past, but it would be more of a factor up here than a player signing for a rival down south IMO.

Hibs have made a bid for O'Connor I know that. He was linked with Hibs before and was at their traning camp last time before he signed for Scunny. I would be interested to know what wages he is on down there because it would surprise me if what he wants would fit into Hibs' structure, however that is purely speculation. He is out of contract so he should be available fairly cheaply. I hope he doesn't sign because I think he is a decent player. Hibs are rank at the moment and serious relegation candidates, any other season than this without the wee wee weak Dunfermline they would be finished, however he would be enough to ensure survial for them IMO.

Try GH from Norwich to Ibrox

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl