Lowe to keep Madine out ?.

Guest intercity0wl

Even forgetting every other reason Madine should be made to work his way back into the side (like potentially upsetting other players, breaking the team spirit, not changing a winning side, etc) he should still be left out to make a point that he needs to be able to control his temperament.

To all those who are saying it's stupid to leave our top scorer out of the team, I think in the long run this would prevent Madine getting more suspensions in the future, meaning he'll be available to play in more games for us. You can bet your bottom dollar that he'll be agonisingly looking over that top-scorers tables while he's sat on the bench and Wright-Phillips and Rhodes are pulling away from him and he's stuck there on the sidelines. He'll not be picking up many more yellows for dissent after that.

I love Madine and have never been one of the critics on his back, but I think it's for his own good if he has to sit it out for a game or two. I'd love to see him come off the bench and grab a winner to get his starting place back, but at the same time I'd love to see Lowe and O'Grady score every week and keep Madine on the Bench all season. If the team's performing/winning I'm happy.

Guest intercity0wl

Even forgetting every other reason Madine should be made to work his way back into the side (like potentially upsetting other players, breaking the team spirit, not changing a winning side, etc) he should still be left out to make a point that he needs to be able to control his temperament.

To all those who are saying it's stupid to leave our top scorer out of the team, I think in the long run this would prevent Madine getting more suspensions in the future, meaning he'll be available to play in more games for us. You can bet your bottom dollar that he'll be agonisingly looking over that top-scorers tables while he's sat on the bench and Wright-Phillips and Rhodes are pulling away from him and he's stuck there on the sidelines. He'll not be picking up many more yellows for dissent after that.

I love Madine and have never been one of the critics on his back, but I think it's for his own good if he has to sit it out for a game or two. I'd love to see him come off the bench and grab a winner to get his starting place back, but at the same time I'd love to see Lowe and O'Grady score every week and keep Madine on the Bench all season. If the team's performing/winning I'm happy.

I too would be starting with Madine on the bench next week , but not to try and get him to keep his temper, as that is an integral part of his game, and certain part of his effectiveness would be lost, and his displays affected for the worse.

No the reason i would put him on the bench is imho Lowe offers so much more of the qualities that will upset defences in this league, Awareness, the ability to lose his marker and get in behind them, and of course a good eye for a goal, not knocking Madine one bit, just think as far as this Division goes its Horses for courses, and Lowe should be in the starting stallS for me.

Guest Big Guns

so its not possible to start both lowe and madine i cant believe any body who wants to get promotion would want the best striker at the club benched flippingim stunned by some things i read on here

Guest intercity0wl

so its not possible to start both lowe and madine i cant believe any body who wants to get promotion would want the best striker at the club benched fookin im stunned by some things i read on here

Me too. lol

Edited by intercity0wl

pressure to perform comes with the job; if they don't want it, go work for tescos...

I take it you've never had to check the sell by dates of the Tesco chilled section on a Saturday morning whilst a hoard of pensioners are banging down the door? Until then you don't know anything about pressure.

GM said he would not change a winning team so it has to be COG & Lowe

His get out is the match fitness of Lowe and it could be 45min Lowe/ 45 min Madine or vice versa?

The one he should not leave out is COG, he is the link man and the ball sticks as he is able to bring in others to support attack.

Alternative is 433 or COG or Lowe for JOC in 442.

Who'd be a manager with such options???????????????????

GM said he would not change a winning team so it has to be COG & Lowe

His get out is the match fitness of Lowe and it could be 45min Lowe/ 45 min Madine or vice versa?

The one he should not leave out is COG, he is the link man and the ball sticks as he is able to bring in others to support attack.

Alternative is 433 or COG or Lowe for JOC in 442.

Who'd be a manager with such options???????????????????

Agreed, after watching Megsons post match analysis, it looks like he will be sticking with Lowe/ Cog as he said that Gary might have to wait his turn now he has ended up out of the team.

It's the only fair way of doing it i guess. Any other way would leave someone feeling they are considered 3rd choice.

Guest thekelch

To beh onest I thought COGba had a great game on Saturday. Great first touch, hold up well, creates a lot of space for others. Lowe also played well on Saturday but just because he scored and COGba didn't (particularly as he was victim of a very dubious offside call) shouldn't fool you into thinking he had the bigger impact on how the team played. Cog and Madine for me.

I hark back to Laws' first season, when we had Maclean, Tudgay and Burton all competing for 2 places. Lost count of the number of times the one who was left out came off the bench to score, only for them to start the next week and the one who had been dropped come on and score themselves.

Nothing like competition for places to get them playing - stick The Machine on the bench and he'll be absolutely chomping at the bit once he does get on.