Lowe to keep Madine out ?.

Guest intercity0wl

Megson ruled out COG on the wing. Said something would have to have gone very wrong for him to be playing there.

I remember that but things change in football, its an ideal way use all 3 of them, and offer more balance in midfield, JOC is not a wide midfielder.

First of all let me say i am not knocking Gary Madine at all, how could i, anybody who has been knocking em in as he has this season has to be first choice until and if that alters.

The question i am asking is does anybody else think that in Ryan lowe we have a player who is every bit as good as Madine at scoring goals, but with the added bonus of a bit of experience and dare i say it at his age, being a bit more mobile and nippy.

I aint got alot to go on in the way of seeing him in a Wednesday shirt, but having watched him against us at Bury and his latest two subs appearances for us, I honestly think that he may well exceed Madine in terms of goals scored this season.

Just thought i would ask before the event to see who thinks what abou him, so as posters cannot come on later saying i knew he would, or what was GM thinking of signing him..

I've got more mobile and nippy as I have got older !

What a cracking little signing he is.

COG and Madine offer that same 'Kevin Davies' style of role by holding it up and playing it back out again, but Lowe makes all the little runs in behind defences and spins off defenders. He must be a bloody nightmare to mark because he shifts from defender to defender.

IF we play to his strengths which are the through balls and into his feet, he'll have a prolific time with us no doubt.

Very, very impressed.

Guest buryforever

Just seen his goal on the FLS.... typical Lowe. He's got an uncanny knack of arriving late & completely losing the defenders. He scored a similar goal against you at Gigg lane. The winner against Chesterfield to get us promoted last season was the same, completely unmarked.

Play him the right way & you've got no worries. Gutted to have lost him but good luck to the guy (except against us).

Guest Gary_Madine

It's Madine's fault that he didn't play yesterday, as much as i like him. COG and Lowe came in and deserve to play the next game

_________Bywater
Buxton Jones Batth Reda
____Prutton Semedo
Marshall Madine O'Grady
__________Lowe

Prutton's position wouldn't be nailed down. As well as Prutton Lines could be introduced into nto Madine's position and replace any of the front players, with Madine going up top if Lowe was to be replaced. JJ off the bench for Marshall or Coba adds another attacking option.

I think Megson hinted in his post match interview that Madine would need to sit on the bench now.

It is nice to know we have 3 strikers that none of us can agree on and happy enough with any 2 of 3. Then even Morrison is hardly a bad sub.

At one point our strikers were Tudgay, Sodje, Jeffers and Clarke. I didn't want any to start let alone 2 of them.

It is nice to know we have 3 strikers that none of us can agree on and happy enough with any 2 of 3. Then even Morrison is hardly a bad sub.

At one point our strikers were Tudgay, Sodje, Jeffers and Clarke. I didn't want any to start let alone 2 of them.

Not Tudders? Sodje on his day was decent as well, just rarely saw them. Worrying how Clarke and Jeffers were here only a few seasons ago

Megson ruled out COG on the wing. Said something would have to have gone very wrong for him to be playing there.

Tbf Megson also said all his transfer targets were English ( Semedo ) he also said we wouldn't be relying on loans ( Marshall, Batth, Bywater and that's without the other loan players we have )

Things change and we gave to change with them.