Lowe to keep Madine out ?.

Guest intercity0wl

Guest Big Guns

Lowe will definately be keeping Madine out for this Saturday.

I think they should both start I really think them 2 would be unstoppable

Edited by Big Guns

Guest Big Guns

madine int allowed to start.

True I mean they should form a partnership with cog on the left

Edited by Big Guns

So Madine misses the Brentford game and his place as the leagues leading scorer and also misses the chance to get his next suspension out of the way in that cup game Needs to control his temper.

The performances of O'Grady and Lowe plus the returning Morrison, mean we should have enough firepower to deal with Brentford though.

For me, Madine is number one striker, the other three are fighting for the one place. I'm not sure which way Megson will go yet, it's safe to say Clinton is fourth choice, and if he can be removed from the wage bill, then I think Megson will bring in either a young striker or another untouched gem like Lowe (there was talk of Megson tracking a striker from York, but nothing will happen on this while Clinton is here).

I haven't seen a great deal of Lowe, but from what I've seen, he's the poacher, he really comes alive in the penalty box. I must admit I like the look of O'Grady, his first touch is awesome and befitting of someone way higher up the football pyramid. Having said that, his goal to game ratio needs improvement. But from what I've seen of him, he is quality.

This is the best set of strikers we have had at the club for a long time, all of them offer a real goal threat, it will be interesting to see which 2 get Megson's vote, and while Madine's suspension means O' Grady and Lowe currently have the shirt, in the long term, you can't leave out the goal machine.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I know this is probably the wrong thread, but since so many of you have mentioned COG in this thread, I don't think it's too out of place!

I think what I am going to say will be unpopular though, and that is - from what I've seen so far, I'm not very impressed with COG - the last few games he's missed an absolute sitter in them all. I was getting texts from one friend who went to a recent game and she told me we'd just missed a really good opportunity to score. I replied "I bet it's COG isn't it?" - to which she replied "yeah, how did you know"

"Oh - I just guessed" - I answered. That can't be a good thing can it?

Guest intercity0wl

I know this is probably the wrong thread, but since so many of you have mentioned COG in this thread, I don't think it's too out of place!

I think what I am going to say will be unpopular though, and that is - from what I've seen so far, I'm not very impressed with COG - the last few games he's missed an absolute sitter in them all. I was getting texts from one friend who went to a recent game and she told me we'd just missed a really good opportunity to score. I replied "I bet it's COG isn't it?" - to which she replied "yeah, how did you know"

I agree, what you are saying is unpopular, with me at least from what i have seen, and so far that is every minute of his time in a wednesday shirt, i am more than happy with him in the side.

Just take a look at a defender face when he has just a tussle or a chase again COG as he hurtles towards the area, huffing and puffing & totally stressed out they are, he has added so much to the Attacking options we now possess, and his running and sheer physical presence will leave some huge gaps for intelligent front players like Lowe to exploit that he would be one of the first names. on the teamsheet for me, well thats my take on it any way

Edited by intercity0wl

........Just take a look at a defender face when he has just a tussle or a chase again COG as he hurtles towards the area,......

I really will from now on! I just get the idea that I'm missing something, as I don't really rate him, but all you guys obviously do, and that's why I had to ask the question. I just hope he doesn't make it 4 in a row this weekend and miss another sitter. That said - I'm not that bothered if he misses and we win anyway!

Edited by Galaxypuppet

I really will from now on! I just get the idea that I'm missing something, as I don't really rate him, but all you guys obviously do, and that's why I had to ask the question. I just hope he doesn't make it 4 in a row this weekend and miss another sitter. That said - I'm not that bothered if he misses and we win anyway!

all strikers miss sitters but as long as they keep going into the box and dont hide then sooner or later things will change for them .look at brighty he missed loads and in the biggest of games as well but he was always in there and got his fair share of goals and i'm sure cog will do the same

Edited by torryowl

I know it's all about opinions, and I respect yours, but don't give up on him yet. He has marvellous first touch, is very hard to knock off the ball, and he's always looking to link up with his strike partner. This is the biggest club he's played for, he started the season unfit, when he starts firing he will be some player.

Remember, Megson has stated that COG is very quiet, he may even be a little shy. Like everyone else, I haven't seen a great deal of him yet, I go to all the home games and the odd few away, Carlisle being my last trip, but I've been impressed by what I've seen

Sometimes we Wednesdayites are a bit quick to write players off, Madine last year, Buxton the year before. Give him time and encouragement and I expect COG to grow into his role and become a real asset for us.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

If one of these sitters was against United, then I think you have to put your hands up and say the save from Simonsen was world class. All you can do is ask your striker to hit the target - if the keeper pulls off a top class save, you can't do much more. Just seeing COG in the right place at the right time (same goes for the other strikers this season) is a good and refreshing thing.

Also, I don't see COG as a 20-goal-a-season man. He's more a physical presence, who holds the ball up, creates space and chances for others, and runs his balls off. He will still get goals, but not to the levels of Madine and Lowe in my opinion.

COG has also been unlucky with two goals now I think chalked off - I can't remember what the other one was, but IMO the Wycombe goal was on-side as there looked to be two defenders between him and the goal line.

Believe COG will be a massive player for us and will have an all-round impact - assisting Madine/Lowe, creating space for attacks, holding play up whilst Marshall and co get up field to support the attack, help bully defenders, and chip in with goals himself.