I hope the idiots running the club at the time negotiated a sell on clause.

West Brom are to offer Chris Brunt a lucrative new contract in a bid to ward off interest in the £8m-rated midfielder from Liverpool. (Daily Mirror)

Guest Big Guns

I hope the idiots running the club at the time negotiated a sell on clause.

West Brom are to offer Chris Brunt a lucrative new contract in a bid to ward off interest in the £8m-rated midfielder from Liverpool. (Daily Mirror)

no rumbleing chance if they did it will be a wee wee poor one

There was an interview on Radio Sheffield just after the Brunt transfer when Kaven Walker was directly asked if there was a sell-on clause. There was then a long pause, in which he was clearly thinking "shiiiiiit, that's what we should have done", before he replied, rather unconvincingly, "yes".

So there you have it, there is a sell on clause, because Kaven definitely wouldn't lie.

Great deal for club and player.

Chuffed with Brunt.

One of the most talented players to wear the Wednesday shirt in the last ten years. Been impressed with the way he's been able to progress.

My dad met Brunt about a month ago in Birmingham

Brunt couldn't speak highly enough of us and said all we needed was investment. Seemed to have fond memories of us.

My favourite player since the Premiership - quality, and glad to see him doing well in the elite league.

My favorite player since we got relegated from the Prem in 2000 - absolute class.

Delighted to see how much he has developed.

I think that a 3 million profit on a player that we got for FREE (Steve McClaren considered selling Stewart Downing to Sunderland when at Boro) was some pretty good business.

Now it looks like WBA got an absolute steal, but then that is the joy of hindsight.

My favorite player since we got relegated from the Prem in 2000 - absolute class.

Delighted to see how much he has developed.

I think that a 3 million profit on a player that we got for FREE (Steve McClaren considered selling Stewart Downing to Sunderland when at Boro) was some pretty good business.

Now it looks like WBA got an absolute steal, but then that is the joy of hindsight.

He has come on loads since he joined them. Been part of 2 promotion winning Championship team, and had 2 seasons experience in the Premiership.

We got a fair price for him and they got a good player with potential. The only way we could have got a sell on clause would have been to get a lower fee upfront, which wouldn't have suited us for a whole load of reasons!

Guest LNM

They probably put we will get £2m more when he is first capped for England

Hes Northern Irish... Hes played for them scores of times..

you did have one, we completed it when we went up wth Mowbray

The edit didn't work. I read sell-on and thought appearence clause which you did have aand we completed. It was a sizable chunk of cash as well. The Liverpool rumour is from when Roy was in charge there and it looked like he could've of gone foe £10-12million little credence in it now.

Thoroughbred footballer, the most naturally talented player at the club in many years.

The precision of his passes, crosses and in many cases his shots on goal prove it.

He did have his critics but even those would admit we always had a chance of a goal with Brunt on the pitch, whether an assist or a direct goal from him.