Tommy & Tommy

I'll be delighted if United sign Spurr. He's throw.

Miller... I'm not too fussed. Won't be unhappy if we sign him up on another contract, won't be unhappy if he leaves to be honest. I can't see him going to United though, as i really do think it will either be a new contract here or he'll be joining Hartlepool.

I genuinely like Spurr and never feel comfortable slagging him off. I certainly wouldn't boo him if he went to the Pork side. But let's face it, he's gash isn't he..

I've said this before but any team that signs Tommy Spurr as a left back seriously needs to review their scouting department. For the life of me I can't imagine a scenario where a club watches Spurr for more than a few games and then recommends him as a left back signing. He's not a full back and never will be. His positional sense is absolutely atrocious, and after 4 years of playing there regularly (so lets drop the "centre back out of position" thing, please) he's shown VERY few signs of ever improving that aspect of his game. The amount of goals we've conceded down that side of the pitch - particularly last season - because Spurr was totally out of position was criminal. I believe it was one of our single biggest contributors to going down last year.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to drive Spurr out of the club but I also wouldn't shed a tear if he did leave. It's about time though that we signed a proper left back whether we sell Spurr or not.

As for Miller, I can take him or leave him. Decent player but commands a fairly large wage at this level, isn't getting any younger and spends his fair share of time on the injury table.

Miller would hold his own against anyone in league 1, and many in the championship. Spurr can be effective going forward, it's when he has to defend his limitations show up. I can't see United being able to afford either players wages though.

And no, I wouldn't boo them, I think it sends out the wrong impression to the current players.

Seriously?

Miller might be on a decent-ish wage for League One but will have to take a drop no matter where he ends up now.

Spurr can't be on that much of a wage that United can't afford him...

Guest Big Guns

i agree with sheffield dave i find it hard to slate spurr and wanted him to be the player we all thought hed become ,id flippinghate it if he went to the grunters and became that player.

They won't get either of them, for two reasons.

1) Spurr would cost them money (even though i personally would give him to them for free) which they don't have. Miller will move back up to Hartlepool if we don't give him anything i'd guess.

2) King Monkey says it won't happy. The only ITKer i trust.

If it were to happy, i wouldn't be in the least bit gutted if they got Spurr. Miller is a decent player in his twilight years who i would like to keep for another season, but it wouldn't be a disaster if we were to lose him.

i agree with sheffield dave i find it hard to slate spurr and wanted him to be the player we all thought hed become ,id flippinghate it if he went to the grunters and became that player.

We did it before with Bromby and Quinn, yes we have different people running the club now, but shifting players the boss doesn't want means just that.

And if Megson says he doesn't want them and they aren't good enough, why would he be bothered about them going to Utd?

Both are out of contract aren't they?

Not heard anything about Buxton or JJ signing new deals. Anyone know what's going on with these two?

I'd be very disappointed to see either of these go.

Also, which other players are out of contract in the summer?

Edited by Random Task

Tommy Spurr is not out of contract this summer but I suppose we could let him go for a free if we wanted to.

He needs to earn a living so if we decide he is not for us good luck to him where ever he ends up.

Not heard anything about Buxton or JJ signing new deals. Anyone know what's going on with these two?

I'd be very disappointed to see either of these go.

Also, which other players are out of contract in the summer?

I thought Megson had confirmed hed asked Aldridge to negotiate new deals for JJ, Buxton and Miller ?

I agree.

Football is about brains, heart and legs (I think).

One has got the brains.

The other has a heart.

One has legs that don't know where to go.

The other has legs that no longer get to where they're told to go.

If true, thanks, goodbye and good luck Agents Spurr and Miller.

Do your best for us for them.

If this is a Wizard of Oz metaphor does that make Darren Potter Dorothy?

Most definitely NOT true.

No players in at SUFC until a vast majority are moved out.

Have you seen the long post in the non swfc section, think its in the blades boss ready for cuts or whatever its called? Some amazing claims in there, be interested to hear if any of it tallys with anything you've heard.

Guest maltaowl

Buxton is signing for Portsmouth.

Also been hearing rumours of this. If he goes it will be a massive blow. Defensivly sound whether RB,LB or CB and has really come on leaps and bounds this year. Pray that he sticks with us but if a championship club comes in for him, I think he is a goner