Tommy & Tommy

If Tommy Miller and Tommy Spurr went to the blades in the close season, would you boo them when we play them?

I keep hearing that they are both going to our neighbours on a free from various piggy mates, and they are quite excited by Spurr and undecided on Miller.

I personally would wish them well, but not THAT well.

If Tommy Miller and Tommy Spurr went to the blades in the close season, would you boo them when we play them?

I keep hearing that they are both going to our neighbours on a free from various piggy mates, and they are quite excited by Spurr and undecided on Miller.

would they fit into the blades budget though salmonbones?

:rolleyes:

Sure they're not really wednesday fans?

This is exactly how i'd feel about the 2 of them leaving

Edited by leea8331

Guest BoomTownOwls

One is poo, the other is getting on and often injured.

As the saying goes, I'll drive Spurr there myself.

Seems to be a common rumour doing the rounds.....

Can't say I'd oppose it.

Spurr has had the chance to develop but IMO failed to improve on the basics, he makes too many costly errors....

and Miller for me doesn't do it often enough, the better teams walked straight through him in midfield this season.

The middle of the park has to be our number 1 priority this summer, because the current mob fall way WAY short.

Edited by BRUCE LEE

I like Spurr (genuinely), if all the players over the last two years had the same heart as him we'd have done a hell of a lot better.

But if I was forced, gun to my head, to pick out one player who contributed most to our relegation last season due to lack of ability it would be him. Yes Potter and JOC are dogger, the worst CM pairing of all time, couldn't impose themselves on a game to save their lives, but the amount of goals we conceded due to Spurr getting skinned or beaten to the ball...I'd probably lose count if I went back and reviewed the videos of every game.

And Miller...as someone's already posted, yeah he can be decent but he's been injury prone since being with us and at times looks like his legs have gone. We can (hopefully) do better.

Guest intercity0wl

^^^

He'd rip him a new arse hole.

Was supposed to do that to a few Division one defences this season, im still waiting.

^^^

He'd rip him a new arse hole.

I agree.

Football is about brains, heart and legs (I think).

One has got the brains.

The other has a heart.

One has legs that don't know where to go.

The other has legs that no longer get to where they're told to go.

If true, thanks, goodbye and good luck Agents Spurr and Miller.

Do your best for us for them.

Was supposed to do that to a few Division one defences this season, im still waiting.

Considering his skill level I would say this season has been a success for him.

Unfortunately his style of play means League Two or Premier League the outlet that JJ provides is limited but effective.

Too easy for clubs to put two and three defenders on him.

Plus for the money I've shelled out watching him makes it slightly more worthwhile.

Miller would hold his own against anyone in league 1, and many in the championship. Spurr can be effective going forward, it's when he has to defend his limitations show up. I can't see United being able to afford either players wages though.

And no, I wouldn't boo them, I think it sends out the wrong impression to the current players.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Miller will either sign a new 12 month deal or go and play for his hometown club - Hartlepool.

Spurr could end up at Bumhole Lane though, wouldn't be too bothered either way although you could guarantee that he'd have a good game against us next season!

I like Spurr (genuinely), if all the players over the last two years had the same heart as him we'd have done a hell of a lot better.

But if I was forced, gun to my head, to pick out one player who contributed most to our relegation last season due to lack of ability it would be him. Yes Potter and JOC are dogger, the worst CM pairing of all time, couldn't impose themselves on a game to save their lives, but the amount of goals we conceded due to Spurr getting skinned or beaten to the ball...I'd probably lose count if I went back and reviewed the videos of every game.

And Miller...as someone's already posted, yeah he can be decent but he's been injury prone since being with us and at times looks like his legs have gone. We can (hopefully) do better.

agree...tommy gives 100%...however, he lacks certain skills, and talents a decent fullback needs...

i think a move may well be good for him...

tommy has suffered under pressure in the past, i imagine the pressure here next season will be very high...

i feel he needs to get away and re-start his career...

GOOD LUCK TOMMY SPURR, you gave a monkeys, and it showed...sadly effort is not enough for the challenges ahead of us...