OUR GROUNDS TOO BIG FOR US !

Close the Grandstand (moving ST's to South for free) & upper West.

Knock down the NW corner - what an eyesore.

If you're going to knock down the NW corner due to it being an eye sore then you might as well knock down the whole West Stand.

It would be madness to get rid of potential seats and potential money.

We need to use what we have - not shun it.

Close the Grandstand (moving ST's to South for free) & upper West.

Knock down the NW corner - what an eyesore.

Can you explain what shutting the grandstand would actually achieve?

The NW an eyesore ? Whats outside is hardly pretty!

Only a suggestion but wouldnt it be an idea to give tickets to schools and youth groups to get more in. You never know they might enjoy it and pester their parents to take them again. Or just simply make it free for kids accompanied by a paying adult. A lot of parents dont go cos they can't afford to take their kids along

Bad idea, fans will just complain they are letting people in for free when others are having to pay full whack for a season ticket, so what offers do they get.

I'd definately close the top of the kop unless a big away crowd is possible I don't think we stand a chance of closing the grandstand as other people have said

Guest Big Guns

:ohmy:

Never! naughty Big Guns.

Anybody who comes in to the club and tries to build us a tacky plastic bowl like Derby, Leicester and the rest can shove it straight back up their arse.

We have the best stadium in the whole world, just need a half decent team to fill the thing.

well cant we at least sort the corners out so it goes round get rid of them gaps

Lowering the capacity isn't the answer. Moving people from the grandstand or anywhere else isn't the answer either. I would go along with Blueblood and suggest the answer lies in attracting the kids. If free tickets for the Upper Lepp were given away to schools for the games which we know will be poorly attended, this works in two ways, you get people in who wouldn't normally attend, which in turn increase's the atmosphere, and there is always the chance the people might want to come again.

You could also offer anyone with a free ticket the opportunity to buy a ticket for another game at a reduced rate, say £10. We have got to hook people in.

Another idea I would suggest, anyone who has held a season ticket anytime in the past, to be offered a season ticket for the same price as all current season ticket holders, I know this might not go down well with people who have held season tickets for many years, but we have to entice people back.

Yeah, have to agree...let kids in for next to nothing and see if they get hooked on it...

use a bit of gumption and sort out areas in the ground, say the kop end of the north and make it a family area, same for the opposite end of the south if required...not the best viewing, and parents full price, and accompanying kids for a nominal fee...

generate some interest in the next generations of wednesdayites...

Guest inman

As discussed @ last nights meeting with Milan.

Ground too big (at the moment) so reduce capacity to bring fans closer to the pitch to increase matchday atmosphere.

We currently play to a 3 sided ground at home with very often zero atmosphere.

Why not take a lead from Ken Bates who six years ago closed the entire upper half of the massive East Stand @ Ellend rd to bring their then average 16000 home crowd nearer the pitch.

He then re;opened it for bigger matches & when the average got above 25k.

We could emulate this by closing the Grandstand & the top of the Kop or North Stand & open up the Leppings Lane lower to home fans.

This would give us a 4 sided home ground with an atmosphere to match any away game & the Leppings Lane upper (approx 2800 seats) enough to accomodate any visiting fans, even pigs.

What other club in the country would give an entire side of the ground holding 7500 people, to 250 Hartlepool fans ?

And we wonder why we have no atmosphere at home ?

If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got !

Cut the top off :huh:

i"d say at least 40,000 to 45,000 for a new stadium if you take in to account that the new stadium may well stage future World Cup and european championship games in the near future and also 30,000 would just be too small to cope with a sudden surge in demand for tickets should we ever get back into the premier league.

we've averaged over 30.000 once in the last 40 years why build a new stadium that holds 45k .

we've averaged over 30.000 once in the last 40 years why build a new stadium that holds 45k .

Correct - its been the same for the last 40 odd years - its a nonsense that we have to deal with a poo poo atmosphere and 40% odd capacity, just so people can say we sold out every five years against blunts or against Man U if/when we get into the premiership.

In terms of next season, open the lower west to home pay on the gate and let them sit anywhere - first come first served and they can all corregate behind the goal...

all wippersnappers shud be free with a full paying adult. Can anyone tell me why this wudnt be a gud idea?

Because my lads nearly 16 and has had a season ticket for 11 years which I have had to pay for. Done my time now it`s other parents go.

Guest Saturday Owl

I reckon next season we'll see lots on wins which in turn will get the fans flooding back.

Even though were midtable this season with nothing to play for a few wins have boosted attendances by a few thousand.

Imagine if we were at the top, we'd be getting 21'000+ for a midweek game. Lets not close anything and get the fans back instead.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

I agree with those saying close the top of the Kop and the Grandstand for quieter games.

Half the noise at hillsborough comes from the north near the away end, the other half comes from the top of the kop

How does evicting the singers increase the atmosphere ? All you would be doing is splitting up the singers surely

The Grandstand I agree should be closed, there can't be any more than 400 ish in it at the most and as said before it holds over 3k

Guest thetruthisoutthere

The template for Hillsboro should be Sampdoria`s ground, someone post a picture. All the corners filled in, keeps the atmoshpere in the stadium.

:laugh: Yeah we could have a hotel on every corner