OUR GROUNDS TOO BIG FOR US !

:ohmy:

Never! naughty Big Guns.

Anybody who comes in to the club and tries to build us a tacky plastic bowl like Derby, Leicester and the rest can shove it straight back up their arse.

We have the best stadium in the whole world, just need a half decent team to fill the thing.

and MM is just about to do that hopefully next season.UP THE OWLS! lol

As a Grandstand ST holder I'd be happy to move to the South as long as there was no supplementary charge and we weren't shoved out into the wings.

Hope you aren't tall, as the legroom on the South compared to the Grandstand is crap.

I have thought about this for ages and Closing the Grandstand and the back 15-20 rows of the north for a season would make sense and get people closer to the pitch .

For the big games ie the Derby etc the seats could be sold on a when required basis .

Guest SPURTt

Bad idea, imagine what them bvstardz would have to say! And for those old enough to remember, in 78-79, we averaged about 11k so this slump is nothing new. Once we have got a few games in the bag next season, tickets will be changing hands for silly money and the following season (back in the prem), you will have to wait till someone dies to get a season ticket........

Dreams are great you can Shag who you want to ........................come on Kylie you have work to do .

Guest BoomTownOwls

How about this for an idea?

Get to the top of the league and get 25,000 plus every week as our success craved fans return.

The atmosphere at Hillsborough with 24,000 - 25,000 fans is fine.

Plus, I sit in the Grandstand and for some games there are only about 500 up there. Therefore, I really don't see that putting these 500 people in the cr4p seats that are left in another stand will greatly enhance the atmosphere. Also, hardly anybody sits in the top corners of the kop. Therefore all you have done is move less than 1,000 fans to other seats which will make practically a zero difference. Especially if a similar number then move to the West Lower, the other areas will still just be as sparse.

In addition, the club have tried the West Lower previously and people simply do not seem to want to sit there. Why would you choose to sit there every week instead of the kop?

Guest BoomTownOwls

Only a suggestion but wouldnt it be an idea to give tickets to schools and youth groups to get more in. You never know they might enjoy it and pester their parents to take them again. Or just simply make it free for kids accompanied by a paying adult. A lot of parents dont go cos they can't afford to take their kids along

This has worked very well in the West Lower previously.

It works even better when the kids are watching a winning team. Do it next season and we might convert a fair few to future season ticket holders.

Guest Ecclesall_Owl

I have thought about this for ages and Closing the Grandstand and the back 15-20 rows of the north for a season would make sense and get people closer to the pitch .

For the big games ie the Derby etc the seats could be sold on a when required basis .

gonads to that. Ever thought that some of us actually like sitting near the back as you get a much better overall view of the game than sitting near the front. As has been previously noted the North is pretty well populated for most games no need to mess about with that.

Guest Big Guns

Get the players in to win us games and give us fans something to cheer will bring the atmosphere back. Having sensible prices will bring the crowds back.

i agree with this it is the only way to get the crowds back

Guest intercity0wl

Get the players in to win us games and give us fans something to cheer will bring the atmosphere back. Having sensible prices will bring the crowds back.

Are you saying our prices are not Sensible ? if yes then whats not sensible about being able to watch the match for under £20 quid ?

I would like to see the Grandstand closed and the wide left and wide right blocks in the upper tier of the Kop closed and covered with flags, leaving just the band and the upper middle seating.

Heres a better idea, why don't the band move to the front and see how many people they wee wee off with their West Yorkshire inclined parping?

Thought not.

I'm staying in my seat.

Are you saying our prices are not Sensible ? if yes then whats not sensible about being able to watch the match for under £20 quid ?

No idea what the match day prices are to be honest, it was just a general comment about pricing having an affect on attendances.

Whilst we sit in the third tier of English football, watching players of the quality of Chris Sedgwick, and at least 20,000 spare seats, we have to be sensible with what we charge (across all categories of fans).

No idea what the match day prices are to be honest, it was just a general comment about pricing having an affect on attendances.

Whilst we sit in the third tier of English football, watching players of the quality of Chris Sedgwick, and at least 20,000 spare seats, we have to be sensible with what we charge (across all categories of fans).

My local team ( Mansfield Town ) charge £17, we charge £19 on the kop.

For those out there that do come and pay on the gate, I'd say our prices are really fair, any lower on a consistant basis and Wednesday would possibly end up doing themselves more harm than good.

Edited by leea8331

Guest Big Guns

all wippersnappers shud be free with a full paying adult. Can anyone tell me why this wudnt be a gud idea?

no one can tell you its not a good idea cos it is a good idea

How about this for an idea?

Get to the top of the league and get 25,000 plus every week as our success craved fans return.

The atmosphere at Hillsborough with 24,000 - 25,000 fans is fine.

Plus, I sit in the Grandstand and for some games there are only about 500 up there. Therefore, I really don't see that putting these 500 people in the cr4p seats that are left in another stand will greatly enhance the atmosphere. Also, hardly anybody sits in the top corners of the kop. Therefore all you have done is move less than 1,000 fans to other seats which will make practically a zero difference. Especially if a similar number then move to the West Lower, the other areas will still just be as sparse.

In addition, the club have tried the West Lower previously and people simply do not seem to want to sit there. Why would you choose to sit there every week instead of the kop?

The above is correct. Although the OP was a fair point the reality is that the problem is not the ground or the stands its the fact that we are in a crap league with our opponents bringing a few hundred supporters and our 'walk up' fans being put off with the entertainment on offer.

If Milan gives Megson the money we will get promotion and in the championship with a decent side the atmosphere will be fine because the attendance will be fine. It really is that simple.

Only a suggestion but wouldnt it be an idea to give tickets to schools and youth groups to get more in. You never know they might enjoy it and pester their parents to take them again. Or just simply make it free for kids accompanied by a paying adult. A lot of parents dont go cos they can't afford to take their kids along

Lowering the capacity isn't the answer. Moving people from the grandstand or anywhere else isn't the answer either. I would go along with Blueblood and suggest the answer lies in attracting the kids. If free tickets for the Upper Lepp were given away to schools for the games which we know will be poorly attended, this works in two ways, you get people in who wouldn't normally attend, which in turn increase's the atmosphere, and there is always the chance the people might want to come again.

You could also offer anyone with a free ticket the opportunity to buy a ticket for another game at a reduced rate, say £10. We have got to hook people in.

Another idea I would suggest, anyone who has held a season ticket anytime in the past, to be offered a season ticket for the same price as all current season ticket holders, I know this might not go down well with people who have held season tickets for many years, but we have to entice people back.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.