OUR GROUNDS TOO BIG FOR US !

I posted the day after we were relegated against Palarse last season something similar.

Basically, close the Grandstand - and charge less for 'wing' seats on the South Stand. Charge the premium for central parts, but charge North Stand prices for the end 2 blocks (Kop & Leppings Lane). The South is by far and away the best stand at the club (in terms of facilities), yet it is less than half full.

Like the idea raised about getting local schools etc involved for the restricted view seats on the Kop.

Fully agree.

Problem will be season ticket holders with a chip on their shoulder. Like that one on here who's always moaning about not being able to sit in his seat for cup games etc, can't remember his name, lairy f*cker full of bluster.

I wouldn't give my seat up. Ive sat there too long .And that doesn't make me a lairy f***** If I want my seat for a cup game I get first choice so no prob there. Nanny state come to mind. Like pay the price we want and sit where we say Not having that

Guest Big Guns

maybe its time to build a new 30 000 seater modern stadium ,even in the prem i cant see us getting more than that

Only a suggestion but wouldnt it be an idea to give tickets to schools and youth groups to get more in. You never know they might enjoy it and pester their parents to take them again. Or just simply make it free for kids accompanied by a paying adult. A lot of parents dont go cos they can't afford to take their kids along

maybe its time to build a new 30 000 seater modern stadium ,even in the prem i cant see us getting more than that

i"d say at least 40,000 to 45,000 for a new stadium if you take in to account that the new stadium may well stage future World Cup and european championship games in the near future and also 30,000 would just be too small to cope with a sudden surge in demand for tickets should we ever get back into the premier league.

We had in excess of 30,000 to my knowlege 3 times last season and in the high 20's a couple of times.

Not that it would ever happen in the near future but flip a new stadium, i love Hillsborough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fooooooooooook off with ya close the Grandstand! Great view, good leg room, better facilities than most other areas. I'm not moving just so you can have more noise. Shut the Upper West, bring the people in the North down to where they were for the Chezzy JPT game and move the people on the Kop down so they can get wet!

Alternatively get a team together that's worth watching and attract more people. More people = better atmosphere (usually).

Guest Big Guns

We had in excess of 30,000 to my knowlege 3 times last season and in the high 20's a couple of times.

Not that it would ever happen in the near future but flip a new stadium, i love Hillsborough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep and i bet them 3 times was down to cheap tickets or playing the blunts ,we could build it on the same site i reckon

but then again Hillsborough is going to need major rebuilding work within the next 10 to 15 years,especially the North and West stands which are now nearly 50 years old.

Bad idea, imagine what them bvstardz would have to say! And for those old enough to remember, in 78-79, we averaged about 11k so this slump is nothing new. Once we have got a few games in the bag next season, tickets will be changing hands for silly money and the following season (back in the prem), you will have to wait till someone dies to get a season ticket........

yep and i bet them 3 times was down to cheap tickets or playing the blunts ,we could build it on the same site i reckon

Not to my knowledge, Newcastle on boxing day, the blunts and Palace. Not sure if the palace game was cheep tickets but even if it was, what difference does it make?

Guest zipzippy

I think the atmosphere will improve next year due to larger numbers of away fans....league one is losing at least 5 southern teams who brought few supporters and replaced by at least 5 northern teams.

Bringing fans to the front like they did agains chessie in JPT looked/sounded like it created a great atmosphere....although i wasnt at this match and made the ground look packed until the camera panned up th stands.....can we do something similar and close the back few rows of Kop/north/south (except corporate bits)?...this would upset the fans who have to move but closing off an area of the ground sparsley populated (ie kop sides/grandstand) will not make the rest of the ground look any fuller .

I think something must be tried and not simply left as is.

yep it would be fantastic to build a proper kop roof without big posts in view but as this wouldnt really generate more revenue i cant see it being done.

Fooooooooooook off with ya close the Grandstand! Great view, good leg room, better facilities than most other areas. I'm not moving just so you can have more noise. Shut the Upper West, bring the people in the North down to where they were for the Chezzy JPT game and move the people on the Kop down so they can get wet!

Alternatively get a team together that's worth watching and attract more people. More people = better atmosphere (usually).

^^^^^^^

I bet most of the people supporting everyone moving down are not the ones who would be doing the moving.

My seat on th Kop is one of the few seats that give leg room in that stand so I wouldn't be happy scraping my knees futher down thanyou very much.,

Like the above poster said, get a team together worth watching and the punters (and the atmosphere) will come back. ...Last time we were down here we had a 24k average...

but then again Hillsborough is going to need major rebuilding work within the next 10 to 15 years,especially the North and West stands which are now nearly 50 years old.

Apart from the facilites, toilets etc, there's not that much wrong with either stand imo. The stanchions in the West and Kop are the only major problems the ground has.

Guest intercity0wl

Is th issue here unsightly rows of empty seats or creating an atmosphere ?, if its the latter i believe that will sort its self out once the team get it consistently right on the pitch, as always happens.

:ohmy:

Never! naughty Big Guns.

Anybody who comes in to the club and tries to build us a tacky plastic bowl like Derby, Leicester and the rest can shove it straight back up their arse.

We have the best stadium in the whole world, just need a half decent team to fill the thing.

Edited by leea8331

:ohmy:

Never! naughty Big Guns.

Anybody who comes in to the club and tries to build us a tacky plastic bowl like Derby, Leicester and the rest can shove it straight back up their arse.

We have the best stadium in the whole world, just need a half decent team to fill the thing.

100% correct. Although I do hope they stop selling out of pork sandwiches next season.