Teale or Mcgovern?

Sad that so many Wednesday fans are coming out in support of the opposition player.

It's all about the losing mentality isn't it!

Nah, the disgrace at Hillsborough when Tony Mcmahon (who?) was given a standing ovation when we were losing with ten minutes to go was a losing mentality.

Sad that so many Wednesday fans are coming out in support of the opposition player.

It's all about the losing mentality isn't it!

So if we were playing Arsenal in the cup we'd have to say to ourselves O'Connor is better than Fabregas? Personally I prefer to respect the gift nature gave me and think for myself rather than live to some ridiculous edict that may well result in me deluding myself about something everyone else would find ridiculous. Although to be fair O'Donnell might be better than their goalkeepers.

:laugh:

Guest totemowl

So if we were playing Arsenal in the cup we'd have to say to ourselves O'Connor is better than Fabregas? Personally I prefer to respect the gift nature gave me and think for myself rather than live to some ridiculous edict that may well result in me deluding myself about something everyone else would find ridiculous. Although to be fair O'Donnell might be better than their goalkeepers.

:laugh:

Extreme example. But a winning mentality is all about bigging up our players to do the job before matches.

No harm in having respect, but this thread has it all wrong.

Extreme example. But a winning mentality is all about bigging up our players to do the job before matches.

No harm in having respect, but this thread has it all wrong.

I would say mcgovern was the better of the two judging the on there perfomances for wednesday.

I don't think as a group of fans we have any trouble bigging up our own players when they do ok,remember our £20m defence a few years ago,and more recently the over reaction to early season displays by giles coke and daniel jones.

Guest Sheff Owl

Whatever peoples opinions are, whoever you favour - one thing can't be denied that JPM never left the his full back to deal with everything.

Teale leaves the full back exposed so many times.

JP was part of a team that got promoted and then stayed up against the odds.

Teale has been part of a team that has massively under achieved.

Says it all really.

As for next season, I expect someone new.

That also tells a difference between the two players. JP's workrate was excellent and a great crosser of the ball. He was also a personality and character around the dressing room and encouraged banter which was good for morale and confidence. He was always positive whereas Teale comes across as negative.

Guest foreverSWFC

Teale is possibly one of the worst players i have seen at Hillsborough in a long time.

No pace, scared of a tackle, weak, moans at everyone else, awful decision making for a player who has played in the premier league and lazy.

JPM exactly the opposite player, i think i know which one i would choose.

He had a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half... other than that he was a waste of a shirt.

Had a hand in our goal, would have set up the winner aswell if Madine's header had gone in.

Don't particularly rate Teale tbh, but he's not as bad as people make out, Wednesdayites always have to have a scapegoat.

Guest totemowl

not even a competition IMO

Teale is sh*te

Mcgovern won player of the year did he not??(it may have been Maclean)

at their times at the club there is no doubt that Mcgovern was much the better player

Yet Teale has more assists and more goals per game.

Perhaps McGovern was just fantastic but lacked the key ingredients expected of wingers?

Or perhaps McGovern had the benefit of playing in a successful side, although he wasn't so successful himself.