Teale or Mcgovern?

I'll be interested to see how McGovern does tomorrow.

Huge respect for him, a free transfer from Livingston - he was a fantastic signing for us.

I'd choose him every time over Teale, nothing personal against Teale but I don't see any reason to persist with him next season.

If i was aked this at the start of the season it would have been a little closer as Teale could actually beat players every other time and get a decent cross in.

However since the turn of the year his performances have declined along with his confidence.

JP was always one of my faves during the Sturrock play-offs season and his workrate was refreshing.

Also had a pleasant chat with him in Meadowhall's 'Oasis' while he was out of the side injured.Found him very approachable and genuine.

JP for me

Yet Teale has more assists and more goals per game.

I'm not particularly inclined to pay too much attention to statistics relating to goal assists, especially when the player you're talking about takes most of our set pieces.

If, as quite often happens, the keeper lumps one down the middle and it ends up in a route one goal he will get an assist, but does it really represent anything meaningful in terms of vision, intelligence and skill? Hardly. This is especially true for wingers whose very job description includes getting the ball into the box. They may often do this rather blindly and it's a combination of either the striker making something out of nothing or even just plain old good fortune that results in a goal.

Who would you rather have in your midfield? Samir Nasri and Gareth Bale (1 assist each) or Elliott Grandin (4) and David Dunn (2)?

Guest totemowl

I'm not particularly inclined to pay too much attention to statistics relating to goal assists, especially when the player you're talking about takes most of our set pieces.

If, as quite often happens, the keeper lumps one down the middle and it ends up in a route one goal he will get an assist, but does it really represent anything meaningful in terms of vision, intelligence and skill? Hardly. This is especially true for wingers whose very job description includes getting the ball into the box. They may often do this rather blindly and it's a combination of either the striker making something out of nothing or even just plain old good fortune that results in a goal.

Who would you rather have in your midfield? Samir Nasri and Gareth Bale (1 assist each) or Elliott Grandin (4) and David Dunn (2)?

I'd have Nasri and Bale. They both have more goals per game than Grandin and Dunn.

You can pay more attention to opinions if you want, and I don't doubt that they are important, but at the end of the season it's the number of assists, goals scored and points gained that define a successful team.

Teale has produced more but is in a less successful team. Perhaps he'll be viewed differently in a few years time or would be viewed differently if only the team was more succesful.