Tommy Miller

Guest Sheff Owl

Forgive me, but aren't they rather mutually exclusive?

Anyway, I don't dislike you. I just gave an honest appraisal of your posting style based on a long period of casual observance. No special attention or anything; just a tendency that I've noticed a number of times. It is the same sort of thing I'm sure almost everyone on this site has done to one degree or another, much as you seem to have in saying you value my contribution to the site.

Contribution to the site, in varying degrees of information, opinion and entertainment, mean different things for different members. When I was pouring scorn on Potter most members were hailing him as the next Paul Scholes. You see sometimes it's not about being right but about the conviction of your view.

Big D was unmoved in his disdain for Brian Laws, yet there was a conviction that meant I found what I disagreed with much more compelling in its own arguement than by a view in which somebody simply posted

^^^^^^ This

The big problem (and general brilliance) in a fanatical site is that we all have a combined interest that is Sheffield Wednesday. It also creates a combined hive mentality that can negatively target those who seem to be 'straying from the path'.

I actually can't see the issue with these clauses. We've been bum raped for years by players on big contracts not playing games. These contracts are designed to reward the players who play most games, and protect the club in the event of situations like this, where injuries etc limit appearances. Miller wouldn't be staying in the summer anyway, and has been inconsistent and injury prone since day 1. Lets move on.

How apt that his last game with us (possibly) was one of his best performances. A shame if his time at the club is ended like this, especially when looking back on it he was our captain for that period of time.

Had some very decent games with us, unfortunately he was injured when we needed him most. Had he been fit, it wouldn't be so obscene to suggest we would still be in the Championship.

But anyway, it probably is time he moved on, though at least he is a player that can be labelled as someone who always gave 100%- unlike many of not only our current squad but also last season's bunch.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Arthurs reputation has gone right down tonight eh.. All that hard work blown in one drunken outburst.

Thanks. Respect the fact you're still going, I'd of given up about 2 hours ago. :blush:

Listen mate, like I said a couple of posts up - I agree with the Miller situation per se. That is the tangled mess that the summer will bring in regards to the squad, what with 33 first team players and our desire to actually strengthen the squad it is going to be a busy few months for all concerned at the club.

Megson even admits he maybe shouldn't have said anything and then clams up and bizarrely tells Seth to ask Tommy himself as if Miller will say 'Yeah Seth, pull up a chair and I'll tell you my contract contents live on air'

All Megson has done today is tell people who have tasted a bad apple that the apples are bad.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Listen mate, like I said a couple of posts up - I agree with the Miller situation per se. That is the tangled mess that the summer will bring in regards to the squad, what with 33 first team players and our desire to actually strengthen the squad it is going to be a busy few months for all concerned at the club.

Megson even admits he maybe shouldn't have said anything and then clams up and bizarrely tells Seth to ask Tommy himself as if Miller will say 'Yeah Seth, pull up a chair and I'll tell you my contract contents live on air'

All Megson has done today is tell people who have tasted a bad apple that the apples are bad.

Not gonna argue with that.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Agreed. Sounds like he wouldn't waive the clause in his contract.

He could have played then.

It's a good point. If Miller was so concerned he would consider wavering this apparent clause. This would then free him, and give him an opportunity to show Megson and Co that he has what it takes to remain at the club. The ball is well and truly in Tommy's court, in my opinion.

I'm with AB on this one for once, it was unproffessional of him and i'm sure Miller won't be best pleased to hear Megson say that. Maybe we're seeing the reason why players don't seem to care for Megson

flip me, are we going to hear this tiresome notion that the 'players don't seem to care for Megson' after every defeat?

Good old Arthur Bach - doing what he always does.

If there is an issue where 90% are in agreement he feels almost duty bound to take up the cause on behalf of the 10%. I sometimes wonder if he gets a hard on when he thinks he's taking on the unwashed masses in this way. He seems to have some sort of pathological condition that prevents him from ever wanting to be in a majority.

In this particular case, maybe he genuinely believes what he's posting, maybe he doesn't. But I've seen him do this kind of thing so often it's difficult to be sincerely outraged.

Just no need for this kind of post.

Guest Distraught!

To answer the OP, if the reason for Megson leaving Miller out is genuine, then TM clearly is finished at the club.

Imagine it from the player's perspective. You have a good game and show good form but the next game you are told that you are left out because playing you would force the club into extending your contract. I cannot believe any player would want to continue after that. It is a roundabout way of saying you're not wanted here.

In that circumstance, I don't blame Megson for the decision and I certainly wouldn't blame Miller for feeling let down. This type of contract clause is just asking for trouble and the effect that it has had on Purse and Miller probably effects team morale at a deeper level too.

No wonder Sheffield Wednesday have been such a shambolic mess for so long!