And then the club wonder why

Guest intercity0wl

The stewards have alway liked a power trip. I went to a match once with a mate who had a broken leg and on crutches. We had tickets in the grandstand and it was busy cos we were playing Utd.

We asked to use the lift, but due to health and safety we couldn't! The steward made him struggle up all the steps. Not that it crossed the idiot's mind that it may have been a health and safety issue for someone falling on the stairs.

:dry: Just spoke to my best mate who is a Sports Journo for STV (the biggest news company in Scotland) and he hasn't heard of any death of any fan from toxic fumes.

So the club was probably making the story up.

Why on earth would they do that?!

Guest intercity0wl

Rutherford has always been a bit of a jobsworth, now we can add liar to that..

Is it not time he was replaced?

If it is correct that he has told lies on this matter then yes i agree, but i must add i really hope this is not the case and that this is indeed the reason this crazy flags must have Emulsion that wont burn, on material that wont either rule..

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

I can't decide whether this is better or worse than the time I was told by a steward at Burnley I'm not allowed to blow balloons up.

Ah but thats to be expected at Burnley, as the Cheif Yellowcoat there is a bit odd to say the least, but at the same time another Character that football so badly needs, Wonder if the tickets he is dishing out at the beginning are fireproof.

A row of stewards is enough to segregate fans at other grounds, but not at Hillsborough.

Home fans are allowed to take flags into their grounds, but not Hillsborough.

Other clubs actually manage to string three passes together and play football at their grounds, but not Hillsborough.

Sheffield Wednesday are a joke of a club and i'm getting bored with em. :angry:

Guest Go For It Owl

I can't decide whether this is better or worse than the time I was told by a steward at Burnley I'm not allowed to blow balloons up.

BALLOONS !!!

I thought I might be next on the list of DON'T'S (ie don't enjoy yourself) down at S6 !!!!

post-18826-019007200 1301555992_thumb.jp

Only the other day on the kop my son was told by a steward that "he couldn't have his balloon back" because it might hit someone if he let it off again and they might be upset by that !!!!

God help SWFC

So bringing back the teddies to chuck about is a no go then? Can you imagine the problems non flame retardant stuffed bears could cause? I'm having a panic attack just thinking about it.

Anyone found the story about the unfortunate Scottish fella yet? I was wondering if we should have a collection for his family in the spirit of footballing brotherhood. I'm sure if we took the money to the club then someone could pass it on to the relevant people. There must be records of who it was for the health and safety people to pass a rule about it. Cos it'd be stupid to just make something like this up, not to mention sick.

Guest intercity0wl

BALLOONS !!!

I thought I might be next on the list of DON'T'S (ie don't enjoy yourself) down at S6 !!!!

post-18826-019007200 1301555992_thumb.jp

Only the other day on the kop my son was told by a steward that "he couldn't have his balloon back" because it might hit someone if he let it off again and they might be upset by that !!!!

God help SWFC

With whats coming to light on here regarding what People HAVE been told by Stewards regarding what they can or cannot do inside Hillsborough i think God would have his work cut out getting it to a stage where the match day experience (not the game) at S6 can be called enjoyable. Any news on the poor Scottish football supporter killed by the fumes yet.

Couple of points: Firstly I thought this sort of nonsense left with Napoleon. Real shame this. I wonder if MM is aware of how stupidly fans are being treat?

Secondly The story about the dead scots fan seems quite bizzare. This smacks of the attitude that fans are so stupid they wil believe anything. A football dying in the ground (even if its through a heart attack or sheer boredom) ALWAYS makes the press. I will be interesting to hear Mr Rutherfords explanation, but my guess would be that he will be either "unavailable" or "misinformed".

Third and most important. I am now seriously worried about the issue of non fire resistant clothing. There is a very attractive lady sits near us, and Im sure her clothing is really really dangerous, so Im going to insist that one of the stewards forces her to remove it before kick off Saturday. Christ I might even enjoy being there if that happens!

With whats coming to light on here regarding what People HAVE been told by Stewards regarding what they can or cannot do inside Hillsborough i think God would have his work cut out getting it to a stage where the match day experience (not the game) at S6 can be called enjoyable. Any news on the poor Scottish football supporter killed by the fumes yet.

Still dead apparently.

Mmmmmm, looks like it is indeed an event that will happen in the future, never mind im sure with these Health and safety things affecting the safety of everyone who attends Hillsborough it wont go away and somebody will have to tell us exactly where and when this so far unfound incident we base our daft rules ground regulations on took place.

Before jumping to conclusions I think you should give Mr Rutherford and his department time to prove his statement Kev. If he is unable to do this, then he should (IMO) be disciplined for fobbing you off with untruths, and you should receive an apology and an explanation from him for his actions.

I would suggest writing to a superior at the club and demanding an answer. Their policies may have changed with regards to flags, but I'm sure telling fabrications to customers to defend their actions is not part of company policy.

So the club was probably making the story up.

Why on earth would they do that?!

I have no idea mate.

A row of stewards is enough to segregate fans at other grounds, but not at Hillsborough.

Home fans are allowed to take flags into their grounds, but not Hillsborough.

Other clubs actually manage to string three passes together and play football at their grounds, but not Hillsborough.

Sheffield Wednesday are a joke of a club and i'm getting bored with em. :angry:

Thanks - you saved me putting exactly that!!

I went to Roma v Lazio the other weekend (I missed the nil nil against whoever it was).

They had shed loads of flags, just before KO EVERYONE in the stand was handed a small white flag to wave upon KO (well, it was in stripes, I was in a white bit).

After Lazio lost all the free newspapers were set on fire in a protest. I did not see any fire certificates but equally saw no deaths.

Guest intercity0wl

Before jumping to conclusions I think you should give Mr Rutherford and his department time to prove his statement Kev. If he is unable to do this, then he should (IMO) be disciplined for fobbing you off with untruths, and you should receive an apology and an explanation from him for his actions.

I would suggest writing to a superior at the club and demanding an answer. Their policies may have changed with regards to flags, but I'm sure telling fabrications to customers to defend their actions is not part of company policy.

I have no idea mate.

Its not me jon who Mr Rutherford gave the story about your fellow countrymans death to, it was actually Go for it owl and therefore it is him who is waiting for the clarification from the club, i did say in my earlier post that i really do hope that Proof is forthcoming and still do hope this is the case.

Either way im sure this will be sorted, as knowing the person who's flag it was and who was subsequently told the story, he does not strike me as the type to let a possible wrong go unrighted. UTO